Chapter 21: Home sweet home

Edited

The rest of the vacation was awesome. We hanged out with all the friends and family, Before I knew it we were on a plane going back to beacon hills, I knew that the Hales were a little bummed about leaving their hometown. But personally, I missed my dad and Scott, I had a blast in New York but I'm ready to be home, School will be starting on Monday and it was now Saturday.

Lucky us!

Once we landed, we did all the needed thing to grab our bags and we were in the car to drop me off. Once we reached my house, my dad's car was in the driveway along with Scott's bike. I thanked the Hales and gave Derek a kiss before running to see my dad along with my best friend.

Once I opened the door about to yell saying I was home I was engulfed in a strong embrace. Once I was let go I saw the smiling face of my dad. "It's great to see you kiddo! How was New York?" He asked as we walk farther into the house "nice to see you to pops! It was great! Derek's got a cool family and some awesome friends," I say as I saw my best friend my face lit up "Scott!" I say as I run into him to give him a big hug "Dude! It is great to see you. I've missed you it's been really boring without you!" He said as we let go of our hug.

"Awe dude I've missed you too!" I say with a chuckle "pizza for dinner?" Dad asked as me and Scott made our way to my room. We both called out an ' ok ' before continuing our journey to my room.

"So how was the trip? Meet any cool people?" Scott asks as I plopped down on my bed "omg! Dude that family has some really nice and cool people. Well maybe Peter is a bit crazy he did throw Derek into a pool but anyway I met his old team. They were awesome." I say with a smile thinking about how happy Derek was with the boys. "Wow that's awesome!" Scott said as I turn my attention back to him. "Yeah! And that even awesomer thing is that his old coach who I still didn't get a name. Apparently kept Derek on the team roster so he got to play there last season game." I said with a smile. "That's awesome! He must of been so happy," he said as an idea came to my head "I got a picture wanna see?" When he nods, I grab my phone out of my pocket and pull on the picture that Derek's on his teammate's shoulders with the biggest smile I Stiles he looks so happy " I nod " he does doesn't he. The team expects him for who he is. They don't care that he's gay it's not like here. I just want people to see how much of a good person he is." I say as I was starting to get a little choked up. "I know you do. And we will make it so that anyone can express who they are without being criticized for it" I just nod and decide to change the topic" so how is you and Allison going?" I ask and immediately I could see Scott's face fall "she broke up with me "he said in a sad tone. I quickly pull Scott into a hug.

"If you don't mind me asking why did she break up with you?" I ask as I let go of him. He let out a weak chuckle as he started to speak. "She thinks that I'm in love with someone else but I tried to tell her that I only love her but she didn't believe me." He looked me in the eye just I was about to speak the doorbell rang. I didn't get it because my dad was down stairs. Just as I was about to speak my bedroom doorway opened lightning fast and I was crushed into a hug my very own sourwolf. "Derek I just saw you an hour ago did you miss me that much already?" I ask as I return the hug. "Yup " he returned casually causing everyone in the room to laugh. That's when I noticed Cora was here too

I looked over Derek's shoulder and saw Scott smiling at Cora and vice versa. I think I now know what Allison was talking about. "Hey Cora." I say as I try and get Derek to let go with no luck I just let out a huff of frustration and give up. "Hey Stiles! You wouldn't believe how annoying Derek was once we got home ' I miss Stiles ' ' I want to see him' ' I want a hug ' God it got annoying so here we are." She said with a fond smile as she looks over at her brother who is still clutching at me.

"Der let go you're like a furnace," I said and he did with a little pout that was short lived and turned into a wicked smile. "Is that your way of telling me I'm hot?" He said I just sit there gaping at him. "Wow how did your head fit through the door?" I said and he started to laugh.

We all sat around talking and once the pizza came we all went down to eat. Having a nice conversation with my dad. After dinner we all sat down to watch a movie before the twins needed to leave, Scott went to not long after Derek and Cora left and I called it a night and went to bed. One more day until hell starts I just hope everyone will mind their own business and leave Der alone, I know that all he wants is to be accepted and it really shouldn't be that hard. We will just have to wait and see