Chapter 4: Sleeping beauty

Edited

Talia walked back into the kitchen to see 3 teens also her husband looking at her. She walked to the spot where Derek once sat at and looked at them all before she sat down.

She leans into her husband and whispers "Nathaniel why are they all looking at me?" He gave a sheepish smile while leaning in to answer "they all heard you say to Derek that his wolf powers don't come till he is 18 dear" the look on her face was priceless Stiles thought to himself. He watched Talia move to stand up.

"What do you two boys want to know?" she asked with a very serious expression on her face.

Me being a curious person by default. I was the first to ask a question. "Are you guys' werewolves? Because if so that is absolutely amazing!"

The Hales looked a bit stunned by my question but Mr. Hale sighed and was the one to answer my question "yes Stiles we're werewolves. Werewolves born by blood, but we don't get the powers until our 18 birthday. You cannot tell anyone we already got found out back in New York and we really just want to live a happy life without anyone knowing" he said with s stern look on his face. But all I can do is think how awesome it is

"Wow that's awesome!" I practically yelled as I looked at Scott who has a look of pure confusion. I looked back at Mr. Hale, I was about to ask another question when Mrs. Hale stood up and told us that we are staying for dinner no questions asked. Once it was dinnertime all the rest of their family piled into the dining room, which was huge, compared to the area we were doing our project in. Talia sat down after she placed all the food on the table. She asked us if we had any more questions. I was just about to ask when I realized Derek wasn't here.

"Um... Y-yeah I do but my first question is where's Derek shouldn't he be eating too?"

Talia answered with a small smile "he is fast asleep, I can hear his heartbeat its steady so he is out cold. Plus he hates being woken up so we will save him a plate"

"Oh okay. My next question is then what's powers do you have?"

The Hale family except Derek of course snickered at that but Talia answered with a smile. "We are able to hear things that are miles away, we can see better, we run faster, we can grow fangs and claws, and lastly which is probably the best thing is that we can heal really fast, but this all comes on date of our 18 birthday until we turn 18 we are just a regular humans. Until we have turned 18, we can seriously get hurt but once we hit 18 we heal really fast we can break something and it heal within a day. All we ask of you boys is to please keep our secret. We can't move again that would crush the kids but mostly Derek it was the hardest thing he had to do was leave his friend back in New York. It would destroy him if he made more friends and have him finally call Beacon Hills home then have to leave again. So I'm begging you please don't tell anyone" Talia said with a confidence in her voice but towards the end of her rant her voice got softer and the look in her eyes said she was really serious but at the same time had hope.

"Yeah of course Scott and I will keep your secret. Cora and Derek are our friends now and I don't want to hurt my friends." Just as I finished speaking Derek wandered into the dining area half-asleep and with no shirt on and his joggers rested dangerously low on his hips...

HOLY SHIT HE HAS ABS!

And his v-line oh my god

The only empty spot was between Talia and I so naturally Derek wandered over and sat down he rested his head on the table his face facing me as Talia rubbed a soothing touch to his back.

"Derek honey where is your shirt" she tried to scold her son but the look in her eyes said she wasn't mad for a shirt less Derek.

"Umm... I-it's upstairs" Derek said as he let out a big yawn his face was so relaxed at the touch of his mother. His hair was a disaster, but it looked cute.

"Okay honey but sit up and eat some dinner please then you can go back to bed, but at least eat something." she said with a smile as she runs her fingers through Derek's hair.

He sat up straight and yawned, "yeah okay" Derek said still with close eyes. He opened his once Talia placed some of what she made on his plate. Derek mumbled thanks. He looked like he was going to fall asleep in his food. I thought it was completely and utterly adorable. Just like sleeping beauty. I chuckled to myself.

Why am I thinking he is adorable?

I know he's not gay but whenever he does something, it pulls at my heartstrings

Once he was done with his food, he pushed his plate and once again laid his head down. Once he did that, everyone let out a little chuckle. Derek closed his eyes. I looked at him then to Cora I saw her smiling at her twin. Soon everyone was taking again, every occasionally I would glance over at Derek who still has his head on the table snoring away.

"Does he always sleep like this through dinner?" I asked anyone who would answer my question.

Talia smiled she looked at Nathaniel then to me "Derek has had a really hard time adjusting to the move. I go to work at four and when I get ready Derek is already awake reading or doing homework or drawing. I don't think he has had a good night sleep in weeks because of it." Nathaniel said to me as I look at Derek's sleeping form.

"Nathaniel can you carry your son to his room please" Talia asked as she runs her hands through his silky black hair. Mr. Hale smiles at his wife before he stands and grabs Derek bridal style. Derek only stirs but remains asleep. Soon Mr. Hale returns, "I have to ask but how did you pick him up like he weighed nothing?" Mr. Hale laughed; "wolf powers" is all he said. Later we finished the project and Scott and I left to go home later that night I was left awake thinking about Derek Hale.