Chapter 35- Disappearece

Start from the beginning

"I don't get it..." I huffed, letting Professor take the file and read it for himself. I sat on the ground, slouching over. "The only thing in common is that they all disappeared the same way. They live in different parts of the city, Owen even lives in the outskirts! I don't understand... Was it a kidnapping? That seemed logical, given all of them are gone without a trace. Did they just go meet up for a club no one knew about? Are they making Chimichangas? WHO KNOWS?"

Professor held it for about five minutes before tossing it back on the table. "I got nothing. You?"

The creeper-pig fusion shook his head and placed it on top of the other one. The counselor did the same soon after. The sisters however, kept staring at it, whispering to each other. They looked up and grabbed the other three files, comparing them before Sam's eyes widened and Selena gasped to herself. "What?" I asked finally.

"You said they disappeared around this order right?" Sam laid it out, going from Conway and Owen to Delaney and Yin. I nodded slowly, scanning it but didn't get the importance.

"Why? Is that important or something? I mean, the times were all scatter as well but unless you got it like they're all prime numbers or something..." I quickly checked to make sure that wasn't the case.

"No Cody, not that. Look at them! At the names!"

Everyone other than the sisters leaned in to see for themselves. Professor sharply inhaled, Nyanta's tail fluffed out and Creepig sudden backed up. But I couldn't find anything. "Oh no..." Professor whispered. "That's... That's just creepy! Is that a coincidence or-"

"People randomly disappearing and then this?" Sam grimaced. "I doubt it."

Glancing up, I met the other's eyes. "I don't see it. What am I looking at?"

"Oh for Pete's sake Cody!" Selena rolled her eyes and pulled out a pen. She quickly circled a bunch of things then let me see for myself. Eyebrows knitting together, I was able to see it more clearly. The pink tailed mermaid had circled the first letter of each one. I had to read it through a couple times before it really hit me.

"Oh." I spoke softly. My heart began to palpitate. "We might have a problem."

Put in order of when they disappeared, their names spelled out a word.
Cody
Coincidence or not, that couldn't be good.

Right then, my phone rang and I jumped. Fumbling for it, the word 'Unknown Number' flashed on it. I quickly answered, putting it on speaker. "Hello?" I said quickly, my heart beating out of my chest. "Who's there?"

"Greetings Maverick." The voice was distorted and echoed, but something told me it was a guy speaking. "You seem to be missing a couple Atlanteans. I see you got my message as well."

Whipping around, I tried to see if someone was watching. Selena was definitely creeped out though her sister just seemed interesting in what exactly this man had to say. Professor's eyes narrowed at the phone, like he was trying to stare them down. "How do you know we figured that out? Are you watching us?"

He let out a giggle, one that chilled me to my very core. "I am. Your camera's aren't exactly high security. Though I must say, I applaud the amount you have set up. There seem to be little blind spots. Now, onto business. You want your citizens back I assume?"

"Well of course!" I answered quickly.

"Then meet me in the Sneaky Sister's tunnels. We need to... Discuss the deal."

The line went dead, leaving us with nothing but shock and silence.

Sea SerpentOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara