Chapter 2- First Battle

Cody

About half a week after hiring her, I had visited Tanith a couple of times. Each time, she was doing something new. First she was organizing her new home, and I offered to help out a bit. Honestly, she had some strange books but they looked pretty cool too. Some of them were in a different language though. She always seems to carry around an peculiar silver staff with a snake coiling up it, one purple eye and one blue. A red stone poked out of the head. She never seems to leave home without it and barely puts it down or leaves it laying around.

The second time, she was working on some kind of potion and asked for my help once again. She needed some kind of plant from the market. After a quick visit, I returned with it and she was able to finish it. Tanith thanked me with a drink. The hybrid told me that she made it herself, and it would act as food, taking care of hunger when it was drunk.

Later when I took it, I was pleasantly surprised. It tasted like pie for some reason. I'll have to ask for some more sometime.

Eventually came the latest visit, which was today. Unlike all the others, it was an emergency. I frantically rushed down and pounded on the door. "Cody?" She yawned and rubbed her eyes when the door opened, blue eyes squinting lazily. "What are you doing here at 3 AM in the morning?"

"We need your help. Some crazed Killer Whales are attacking the nearby houses."

With that simple sentence, she was fully awake. "Got it. I need to grab my supplies, you go do what you need to. See you there in a minute." We parted ways and I swam up the the castle gates.

Within the minutes, she was ready. Once I saw her come in, I started to speak to everyone. She swam through the crowd to the front, standing next to the Professor, who acknowledged her with a nod. "Soldiers of Atlantis!" I began by addressing them. "Today, some killer whales are attack innocent citizens! They must be eliminated! Try to stun them! We fight... FOR ATLANTIS!" The last line got them to cheer. If I learned one thing from being a king, it was that if you wanted to inspire the troops, you have to tell speeches like these.

I lead the troops out into the situation, and took it all in myself.

There were four huge killer whales, with one even ENORMOUS one commanding them. Clearly the leader. Splitting off, groups of Atlanteans began to attack. The Professor, Tanith and I all decided to split off and take them all down the best we could. After a while, I struck the final blow on one of the whales with the butt end of my spear, bringing them down, out cold. I scanned around the battlefield to see the situation. The Professor had gone full Hulk mode and was know single handedly taking on a whale, wrestling with it. One group of Atlanteans were almost done with one as well. Tanith and her group of Royal Guards were making great progress with their's. Some sort of rays of light were flowing out of her staff and into the men, their wounds fading by the second.

Magic is so cool.

A loud rumbling came from behind, causing me to whip around.

It was the leader. The biggest one.

"Stupid Atlanteans. You ruin everything." It's black eyes locked onto mine. "Fight me King. Just you and me." I narrowed my eyes, taking a couple of steps forward. "Cody! Wait!" I glanced at the hybrid calling out my name. "You're still hurt from the last fight! Let me heal you!" She insisted. "No!" I hollered back. "I'm fine! Stay with the troops!"

"But Co-"

"Stay with the troops! That is a direct order!"

"Heh." The head Killer whale chuckled. "Such brave words. Well? Let's go."

I charged with my spear in hand, getting the first strike on him. He winced a little bit but retaliated with a harder blow that hit me directly. I shook what I could off and launched myself at him. Though he was inaccurate, his attacks hit much harder than mine. Both of us began to wear out, me more than him. I struck him on his right side but he came back with a blow that sent me flying to the side. I stumbled back. My spear seemed to be much heavier than I remembered.