Little-Miss-Masquerade {10}

Hey guys! :D

I know, I know... I'm FINALLY posting; sorry it's taken so long... I sort of had a bad case of writer's block, and believe me, it was not fun. I just wanted to thank everyone for still sticking around, and for reading this story. I really appreciate every single one of you, and I absolutely love getting feedback on my stories, especially this one (:

I also wanted to say one more thing, though:

I've seen a lot of other authors try this out. I just want to make this clear; I am not doing this for personal gain, or for wanting my story to be better than everyone elses, for for needing to be on the 'What's Hot' list or anything, but just to see if I can make goals, and actually achieve them.

So, just as a try, I want to see if i can get 30 votes for this one chapter :) Not because I want to have 30 more votes, but just because I want to use it as a motivator to stop the terrible procrastinations, and to get you guys updates as soon as possible ;)

Thank you everyone, for all of your supposrt through all of this, and I will hopefully be uploading asap

Hope you enjoy, please comment! :)

~*10*~

That week went by extremely slowly, but soon enough, it was Thursday morning, I was up and ready by 8, showered and dressed in somewhat non-baggy clothes with a bit of mascara. My hair was tied back, I had my glasses on, and I was ready to go.

When I walked downstairs, though, I peeked around the corner to see that Kenny was at the kitchen table talking with Stephan. And they were laughing? That was strange.

When I came around the corner into view, they both looked up at me, going silent, and an awkward look being placed on their faces.

"Uh, Hey...?" I looked at them both, walking up to the counter to grab my lunch out of the fridge, putting into my bag.

Kenny looked away, and then to Stephan. "Hey, you need a ride today?"

"Yeah, thanks" He relied, both of them getting up and walking out the front door towards the car together. Weird.

When I had packed up my things, I said good bye to Aunt Shirley and walked out to the vehicle, getting into the back of Kenny's big black truck.

"So the meeting is at lunch today," Kenny reminded me, looking at me through the rear-view mirror while he started up the engine.

"Yupp, don't worry, I'll be there."

Stephan turned in the seat, looking back at me. "Is that for the club that's putting together all of the dances and stuff?"

Kenny answered. "Yeah, it's called Student Council here," He looked over at him. "Why, were you planning on coming?"

"Yeah, I was going to come with Liz..."

"No, that's great, the more help, the better"

By then we had parked in front of the school, and were getting out, going our separate ways to our lockers.

We said goodbye to Stephan -while I reminded him of the meeting, telling him the room it would be in, and telling him not to be late -and then me and Kenny headed for my first class.

When we got to the door, he grabbed my arm, pulling me back to him closely.

"Hey, are you ok?" he asked me.

I looked up at him, right in the eyes. "Yeah, why?"

"You just seem a bit different lately. Anything wrong?" His face turned concerned.