Little-Miss-Masquerade {4}

Alright everyone, i hope this is good, it's prett long as far as i can tell, and you all kind of get a bit of a Kenny POV in here at one point ;P

Ok, read, comment, vote and become a fan!! :)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

(Chapter 4)

"They're sending him here to get you guys talking again, so it won't be so weird once you are all living in the same house, in England." She explained.

I just stared in complete and utter shock. When? Why? How?

All of these questions were swarming my head, making me dizzy. As if you read my mind, though, Aunt Shirley then said, "We're picking him up at the airport on Saturday, around 1pm."

"Ok..." was all I could manage to say.

Not only was I confused, but I was a bit scared. I mean, I hadn't seen him in YEARS, and now all of a sudden...he would be here!! Living in MY house! In Ottawa!

See the problem isn't so much as the fact that he's coming under such short notice, it's the fact that he knew me as this fun, playful young girl with tons of friends and greatly expensive taste in clothes. Someone who actually cared about what she looked like, and took the time to look good.

But here, I didn't need that. I didn't WANT that. And now he's going to be staying HERE, at MY SCHOOL, around MY FRIENDS... well, just Kenny actually.

Oh no... Will Kenny become jealous of him? Will he stop hanging out with me, stop talking to me, getting the impression that I like him better? Or him, Kenny? I certainly hope not.

Saturday morning, my alarm sounded at 11, making sure I was awake. I already was, though. Not only had I been up late, but I had been up early as well, thinking. Not so much as worry, but more nervous than anything, about not having seen this guy for so many years with no contact whatsoever. I hoped he wouldn't think I was a complete freak and never want to talk to me again... I hoped he understood my reasons for changing my appearance here. I hoped more than anything that he doesn't think that I had been lying to him all these years. Now that would just ruin everything. I mean, we had to get along, right? We couldn't turn out to be these teenagers that yelled at each other every day of our lives and hated each other with a passion.

I got up off of my bed, looking myself in the mirror one last time before going downstairs for something to eat. I had decided to do a bit of both, meeting him for the first time. Going a bit in-between what I usually would wear around him, and something I would wear here, at home, at school. I would normally go with something baggy, but I put on a pair of skinny jeans, and a loose v-neck. Nothing huge, just not skin-tight. I also pulled my hair back into a high pony tail; showing the long length and curl, just keeping it out of my face. After having it pulled back for so many years, you get sick and tired of having bangs in your face all the time. I kept my glasses, but put on a small amount of blush and mascara. Not that I needed it, I had naturally long eyelashes, I just liked the look of them being darker.

My aunt was already downstairs when I came down the stairs and sat down at a kitchen bar stool. I could hear the pots and pans being banged around in preparation of her usual Saturday morning eggs and bacon from upstairs, and thankfully, they were already half-made.

She quickly turned around, looking around the small counter-top, searching for cooking ingredients. She suddenly looked up at me and smiled. "You look nice. Getting all dolled up for the new guy?"