Little-Miss-Masquerade {9}

Alright guys, I uploaded the next chapter like i said, and please, I better get some good comments out of this chapter, I stayed up till 11 typing this out, and I have to get up at 5 ...

It's not very much, considering i wrote it in a few hours, but hope you enjoy, please vote and comment! :D

(Chapter9)

When we got to school everyone was talking about Stephan and Erin. No surprise there, I had to say.

I walked to my locker, bumping into a few people along the way, getting my books and heading for class.

We did some new Algebra which was pretty easy so far in my opinion. I was always good in math.

All my classes passed in a blur, and before I knew it I was standing in the lunch line with Kenny grabbing some food. I grabbed a sandwich and a drink and walked over to the cashier. Paying, I followed Kenny to the empty lunch table which we sat at every day together. Although Kenny was talking to me the whole time, I just couldn't help but consider and debate all of the things that could have been true, COULD have happened today, if I had actually gone along with yesterday. Along with Stephan. Imagining it, though, I felt a bit nauseous. Like the feeling you get when you're nervous about something... but what would I have to be nervous about? It almost left a bit like the butterflies you get when you see a cute guy walk past you and he smiles...

In some ways, though, I'm happy that I hadn't kissed Stephan. I mean, think about how awkward it would have been if something happened, and it went weird between us? We would no longer feel comfortable still being friends, let alone living together.

Suddenly I saw a few bodies walk in front of us, and I mentally prepared myself for comments and arrogant remarks. But none came. I looked up, just in time to see a few guys sitting down across from us; a little bit more on Kenny's side of the table, but regardless, at our table.

Kenny smiled at them, and started talking to one of them. Oh, his friends, I suddenly realised. They didn't seem to be bothered by the fact that I was here. I looked at Kenny, and he caught my gaze. "Oh, hey guys, this is Liz," he said. I saw a few of them give me a slight nod, glancing, and then move back to the conversation they were having before.

Once Lunch was over, I went walking to English, dreading every moment which was to come.

Stephan still didn't really talk to me, and I really didn't want to have to work with him again...

I took my seat at the back, and when the teacher walked in, she took a deep breath, and then spoke. "Alright guys, change in plans. We are no longer doing an in-class Biography; you can all do that on your own time. Here, I'll pass out the assignment in a moment, and you will all be doing Grammar and individual writing assignments instead."

There were murmured complaints coming from the class room, and then the sheets were passed around.

By the end of the day Stephan and I were somewhat talking again... Not really, but a few words here and there. When I put my stuff away in my locker and grabbed my bag to go outside, I noticed he was doing the same, and decided to walk out with him.

"Do you want a drive?" Stephan asked me, while walking up beside Erin's Mercedes Convertible. I started to shake my head to disagree, but then Erin cut me off.

"Uhh, NO way! Why would I want to dive HER home? She'd probably just dirty the seats..." he mumbled, getting in.

"Because she's my friend," Stephan said flatly, matter-of-factly.

Erin was clearly getting really upset that Stephan had talked back to her...

"You know what... No, it's ok, I have Kenny to drive me home, thanks anyways..." I said, looking down and hugging my books to my chest, feeling uncomfortable.

"Alright, I'll see you at home then, I guess." He got in and I turned away, towards Kenny's truck, hearing the Car race off into the distance.

Kenny was standing outside the passenger side, and when I finally walked up, he opened the door for me, a great smile on his face.

When we parked in front of the house, Kenny turned off the engine with a light tingle of the keys and turned his body to look at me. "So, we need some help with the 'Welcome Back' posters, are you willing to help out again...using your artistic ability again, considering we all kind of lack that part, if you know what I mean," he laughed.

"Yeah of course," I had helped out for grade 9 and 10, as well, "I was thinking of actually joining this year, do you guys need any more help other than for the dance?"

"Yeah, tons of help, actually," he just smiled.

"Alright-y then, I'll see you in the morning," I opened the door then, and stepped outside, walking over to the front door, unlocking it, dumping my stuff on the floor.

When we all sat down for dinner, I was talking about how I would be making posters again and needing bristle board when Stephan looked up at me. "Can I help out with something too?"

"Yeah I guess, apparently they need as much help as they can get." He looked at me then, and I realised this wouldn't actually be turning out the way I was expecting. No awkward conversations, no name calling and being rude and ignoring me.

'This friendship will always last,' I thought, 'No matter what it's been through, and what's to come.'