11

It had already been a week since the spring festival. Taehyung didn't call me. Nor did he text me. Looking back through texts Taehyung and I had made my heart hurt.  Now it's like we don't know each other anymore.  Like we were strangers again.  And when I'd see him outside of my apartment door he'd act like I was invisible. Today was different. Actually, it was worse. When I was just about to close my apartment door, the elevator door in front of me opened. Revealing Taehyung. I was so glad to see him staring back at me. Though this time my eyes trailed down his arm, his hand, and then another girls hand.

     He was holding hands with another girl. A girl much prettier than me. Maybe even smarter than me. I broke eye contact with him and turned on my heel and headed the other way towards the other elevator down the hall. I could already feel the tears ready to fall.

Unbelievable.
That girl was supposed to be me.

My vision became blurry but I didn't care at the moment.  I was tired of crying.  I was tired of feeling hurt.  Tired of trying because what's the point?  Wiping my tears with the ends of my sleeves, I bumped into someone and I nearly fell.

"Homygosh, I'm so sorry," the lady who seemed to be my age, apologized.  She sat down the many boxes that were stacked on top of each other and quickly helped me up.

"Again, I am so sorry.  I just moved in and this worker dude is TERRIBLE at his job and I think I might sue him.  Actually nah, I'm broke.  But my mom isn't," the girl rambled on and on.

"It's okay.." I blinked a couple of times and wiped my tears.  "Do you need help with those boxes?"

"Actually yes please!  My mom is out buying groceries and left me with this snobby dude," she pointed with her thumb at a man who's apparently sitting down and eating french fries.

I furrowed my eyebrows seeing him slacking off like that as I picked up two heavy boxes.

"My room is..." she looked at the room numbers.  "Ah-ha!  Right here!  Now if I can get my keys and just-"

She simply opened the door to the empty apartment room and placed her hands on her hips as a sign of victory.

"Just put the boxes over there," the girl gestured over to the window as she picked up her boxes again.

When I put the boxes down the girl stared at me.  More specifically, she was observing me.

"Are you crying?" She had asked.

Feeling the dried tears on my face I replied with a no.

"No! No...I just. I just yawned, that's all.  I tear up quite a bit when I, uh, yawn," I replied, scratching the back of my neck.

"Nahhh, I know a girl crying when I see it," she bent down to place the last stack of boxes.  "Besides, your nose is red. Who would have a red nose when they yawn?"

I rubbed my nose.

"Okay maybe I was, but I'm fine now."

"Sure you are," she squinted her eyes, showing that she didn't believe me. "Want to go to a cafe? I saw a pretty decent one when my mom and I drove by."

"I guess," keeping a poker face.

--

"My name?" She asked, pointing at herself.

I nodded.

     "My name is Hari," she smiled like she meant it.

      "I'm Eun-Jin."

      "Nice to meet you."

     "Nice to meet you too."

     "Did you have a breakup or something?" She asked, out of the blue.

     I was confused for a second but that was until I realized she was talking about me crying.

     "No.  I mean kind've.  Like a fake breakup for a fake boyfriend," I laughed a bit realizing how a fake date sounded so childish.

     Now it was her turn to be confused.  However, she wasn't as confused anymore after I explained the whole story.  I laughed.  She laughed.  We laughed together at how childish it seemed.  A fake date?  Really Eun-Jin?  Clearly we had to much fun talking because when we took a sip of our coffee and tea it wasn't even hot.  Not even warm.  We didn't care, though because the flavor was still savoring. 

     "I miss him.  I mean, it's like right when I start loving him it all goes downhill.  Even at the worst possible moment," I sighed.   "He decides to ignore me and give me the cold shoulder when I honestly need help. Considering the fact that my mom died."

      "It's tough.  I can admit that.  I was in the same situation as you.  I didn't have a fake date fiesta, but I did have a real, real, boyfriend.  My dad abused my mother and I but luckily, soon after, he decided to leave," Hari smiled, but this time with a pain look in her eyes.  "But my dad wasn't the only one who left.  My boyfriend did too."

As people were slowly flooding in I thought it'd be a good time to leave, "thank you for the drink, Hari. I think I should leave now."

"Yeah, same here. I need to get going myself as well, my mom is probably freaking out by now. Bye!" She waved.

"Bye."

Of course with my luck that day, it was raining. I didn't have an umbrella. Moreover, I didn't even have a hoodie to cover my head. But suddenly, the rain stopped. Not really, I could see the rain still pouring but I certainly didn't feel anything. I looked up only to see a navy blue umbrella. My eyes shifted over to the person holding the umbrella, which made me gasp.

"Taehyung?" I asked, looking at his used to be glimmering eyes that are now dull. Not to mention that he had a pained expression on his face.

He didn't look at me. I guess I stood there only because I was close to him again. I missed him. Even though it had only been a week, I missed him. And I wondered if he felt the same.