Chapter 53

Tris

I focus on the subtle beating of Tobias' heart as I lay on his chest, I watch it rise and fall in a slow and steady rhythm. His chest starts rising at a faster pace as he slowly wakes up, I continue lying on his chest playing with the fabric of his t-shirt.

"Good morning beautiful," a vibration comes from his chest as he speaks in a husky, morning voice. I prop myself up on my elbows, so I'm facing him. I greet him in the same way and brush my hand through his messy hair, he smiles and pulls me back down so I am resting my head on his chest again with one leg draped over his body. I instantly relax into him as he starts stroking my hair, something my mother always used to do when I couldn't sleep.

"Are you going to the complex today?" he asks as he continues to stroke my hair.

"No, the rest of the group are rehearsing today and I'm joining them tomorrow for an all day rehearsal," I say, not liking the sound of it.

"All day?" Tobias says, shocked, clearly sharing the same thought as me.

"We start at 9 and end at 6, but knowing Tori, it'll probably end at 8," even the thought makes me tired. Tobias mutters something under his breath, probably surprised at the rehearsal hours but they're nothing new to me. I lean up to face him,

"I want to see everyone today, are you working?" I say, even though I saw Shauna and Zeke a few days ago, it feels like something is missing when we're not all together, we're like a family.

"No I'm not and I think that's a great idea, I can call Zeke now," I rolls over to pick up his phone from the bedside table.

"Hey man, how's it going?" I hear a faint blur of words on the other line. "Yeah not too bad, Tris and I were thinking of a group meet up," "Good good, we'll see you at 1 then," they both exchange goodbyes and Tobias presses to end the call.

"We're meeting them at the Dauntless Diner at 1 and then we can go in then." I then realise that I haven't been there since Marlene and I stopped working there, it's like a forgotten memory now.

"I need to get ready then," I say and I flip over the cover so I can get out, but as usual Tobias grabs my wrist and pulls me back onto him and encloses me in his arms.

"Five more minutes," he mumbles, his lips pressed against my hair. I press my hands firmly against his chest.

"Tobias, no." I laugh at the sad face he pulls but I quickly jump out of the bed knowing that if I wanted the first shower I would have to fight for it. I manage to run out of the door and into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I turn the shower on before Tobias starts banging on the door, I start to take off my clothes but I hear something that catches my attention.

"Can I come in with you?" he pleads from behind the door. The thought crosses my mind for a second but I know that if we did, we definitely wouldn't leave the house by 1.

"No," I say firmly as I step into the shower, ignoring his other comments.

After 10 minutes of standing in the shower, I decide I've left Tobias suffering for long enough and step out of the shower.

"Fuck," I mutter under my breath as I realise that I didn't bring any clothes in with me. I pick up a small towel that barely covers my butt and wrap it around my body. I brush my hair through and leave it down over my shoulders as for some stupid reason there's only one bloody towel in there. I pick up my dirty clothes in a pile and walk out of the bathroom, as I walk into the bedroom Tobias appears out of nowhere.

"Tris," an unexpected squeal leaves my mouth as I jump at the sight of Tobias staring at me.

"Jesus, do you always have to creep up on me?" I ask, hitting him with the clothes.