Chapter 13 : Truth Behind Lies

Dream

 I felt relieved as we walked outside. I decided to walk around to see if everybody was okay after what happened.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked Natalie as she walked up to me.

    "Yeah, I'm fine, thanks to Vinny," Natalie said.

    "Why are you blushing?" I gave her a nudge.

    "I am? No, I'm not," Natalie looked away

    I suspected that she really liked Vinny. They looked good together, in my mind they did.    

"You know, Natalie. If you like Vinny, you should confess to him before it's too late. I can see that he likes you too," I smiled as I patted her shoulder and walked away.

I continued walking around to assist people.

Where's everyone? Haven't seen Elly, Kuki, and Iris. I hope they'll be fine walking out of that hell hole.           

Moments later, Mrs. Jorgenson announced, "I hope everyone was okay. Today has been a very rough day for everyone. You'll be excused for today. I will contact your parents and guardians about it." Everyone cheered in happiness as I helped bandaged the injured ones.

"And you're done. Just be careful when you move," I smiled finishing up the last adjustments and stood up cleaning the First Aid Kit that they handed out earlier for the helpers.

I decided to go wash my hands when I saw them together. She smiled and yanked his body close to her as her lips touched his. I dropped the kit on the ground as he stared at me in shock. I picked up the kit and ran away as fast as I could.

"Dream, wait!" He yelled.

I stopped dead on track.

"I need to talk to you," He grabbed my arm and dragged me away from where I was.

"Where are you taking me? There is nothing to talk about," I said. "Let go of me. People will get the wrong idea. It won't be a good thing."

"I don't care what people say."

We finally stopped on the other side of the building. I tried letting go of his grip and walk away but he grabbed my arm again and jerked me hard to stop me from walking away. Before having any regrets, I moved my arm and slapped his face. All those painful times because of him. Within seconds, he caught my arm in time, missing the second slap. My tears dripped down angrily. I punched him. He didn't shriek. Not even one bit. I punched his chest knowing that he wouldn't stop me. After everything he've done to me.

Why, Ren? Why do you have to do this to me?    

He stared at me. "Look, I just need to tell you this, then you can go wherever you want. Hear me out. We're friends, right?"

"No, we're not," I replied.

"Friends share secrets, right?" he asked.

"I don't know."

"Since we're friends, I want you to know who I love and I want you to meet her."

My heart suddenly stopped. He took his phone and called someone.

"Hold on a second, I think I'm getting a call," I said. "Hello."

"I love you," he said.

My eyes widen. He's playing around.

"I'm not playing games, Ren," I warned as I decided to walk away.

"I'm not. I just wanted to tell you that I've been having feelings for you for so long now."

I stopped, my back facing him.

"I just don't have the chance to tell you. When I try, something has to get in the way. As for Kelly, she wanted to talk to me and suddenly just kissed me. I tried to let go. I don't have feelings for her. The one I like is you, Dream. She's more like my sister. But I know she likes me. I'm so sorry for what she did to you. I didn't tell you about my feelings because you already have enough drama in your life and I would cause more drama for you."

He laughed,"I know, I deserved that slap. I don't expect you to say anything. I've known you for a long time now and I know I'm just some guy who can shoot some hoops. I know you wouldn't like someone who has so much drama in their lives and girls chasing after them. I don't care what people say about me. Even if they say something about me, my feelings won't change. . . towards you. That's all I wanted to say. Sorry for dragging you over here. I'll just. . . go," he turned and walked away in a different direction.

I turned my head to look at him. His back facing me as he left. He's hurt. Dream. You're so stupid. Why are you getting yourself into this?

    I couldn't lie to myself about my feelings anymore. I ran as fast as I could trying to catch up to him. I hugged him from behind as I broke down.

    "Stop. Please, just. . . stop," I whispered. We both stood there in silence as the trees rustled. I couldn't tell how long we stood like that.

    He suddenly turned and looked at me. I'm such a mess.

    "Hey, don't cry," he whispered, wiping tears off my face as our foreheads touched.

    He cupped my face and said, "Let's start over. I'll spend more time with you and watch over you."

I  gave him a smile and mouthed the words I love you, Ren.

"I love you," Ren kissed me. "A lot."

I could see his smile as his lips touched mines again. His lips were soft and warm.

    "I'm so sorry for slapping you, Ren," I said worriedly touching his cheeks.

"I deserve it," Ren laughed.

    Out of nowhere, we heard voices calling our names. "Dream! Ren! Where are you guys?"

"We're over here!" Ren yelled. "Let's go get them."

"You can't run. Watch out," I warned.

"A few people cleaned and bandaged my leg, earlier. I'm fine, now," he smiled.

       He lend me his hand and I took it. We started to walk towards their direction.

    I realize that if you don't tell them how you feel now, it will be too late. Take risks and face your fears even if it's scary.