Fires and Darkness

Last chapter of A Loser Like Me...

When I get to the hospital they let me visit her. They tell me that she had broke her arm and she would not be able to leave until it was healed. Her injuries were very bad but not life threatening. When I got to her hospital room I opened the door slowly. I stood quietly at the entrance of the room. I didn't know how far Sabertooth would go... But if they went any further... I'd go crazy... This isn't a game anymore. It's war.

This chapter of A Loser Like Me...

Third Person POV

The window next to Mavis's hospital bed was open and she was no where to be found. Her bed was empty. She was-.

"GONE!" Juvia shouted as she drove her fist into the wall next to her.  She rushed to the window and looked outside of it. Nothing. Her teeth clenched as she punched the wall madly again.

"You! What did you do with the patient!!" Juvia turned to the voice and noticed it was one of the nurses. Juvia put her arms up so the nurse wouldn't panic as much.

"Wait! Juvia can-," Before she could explain, the nurse had rushed up to her and drove a needle into her arm. Right after she had fell to the ground she had spotted a shredded piece of black cloth above her head and the look on the nurses face. It was a happy look. A look of joy. The nurse didn't inject her with that because she thought Juvia had did something to Mavis. She did it because she knew Juvia didn't do it. The nurse was someone from Sabertooth. Before Juvia had passed out completely she could here a yelp coming from right outside the room.  All she could do was hope that help would come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Juvia groaned as she blinked her eyes open. She was met with lavender eyes. She jumped a bit because of how close she was to the person. The man backed up and she could see what he looked like.  "W-Who are you?" She asked still recovering from some of drowseyness.

"My name is Lahar. You're at the police station right now," He said, clearing some of the confusion going on in Juvia's head. "Now I would like to hear what happened in that hospital room, and why were you passed out on the ground," Juvia breathed in and tried to remember clearly what happened.

"W-Well Juvia went to go visit her injured friend, Mavis at the hospital but then when she got there Mavis was... She was...." Juvia balled her fist and tears roamed freely down her face. "Gone... Juvia should've got there sooner. Then maybe she would've...." She felt Lahar's hand pat her shoulder awkwardly. As you can see he wasn't that experienced in dealing with crying girls.

"It's okay. We'll find your friend. You can leave everything to the police," He said and continued to pat her. Juvia wiped her tears away and sniffled.

"Juvia doesn't want to leave everything to you guys..." She muttered as she calmed herself down. "She...... She wants to help. She'll do whatever to get Mavis back... Just let Juvia help," Lahar was quite intrigued in this blue haired girl. She was different from the victims in other cases he helped solve. The victims were just fine to work with, but none had asked if they could help. He was actually thinking pretty hard about it and Juvia could tell he was.

"No." He answered. She bowed her head down and looked at the ground.

"Please..." She whimpered out.

"No," He said sternly once again. Juvia bit her lip and decided she would just have to figure this out by herself while the police did whatever they needed to find Mavis.

"Okay... But Juvia also forgot to tell you that the reason why she was passed out on the ground, it because someone injected some kind of sleeping drugs in her. Juvia doesn't really remember what the person looked like. All she knows is it's a girl and she's apart of Sabertooth." Lahar raised an eyebrows.

"Sabertooth? That one music industry?" He questioned. Juvia nodded quietly.

"Juvia doesn't know what's wrong with them. But she thinks she knows why they decided to kidnap Mavis... Juvia guesses she'lI have to tell you what has happened these past few days..." As soon as she starts to explain an alarm goes off which makes her hop out of her seat.

"It's the fire alarm. You. The exit is over there, get out of here," He says and starts to head out through somewhere else.

"What about you?!" She asks yelling over the alarm.

"I'm a policeman! I have a routine to follow when a fire happens! Now leave! You don't want to be toast!? Do you, Juvia!?" He said while leaving through another door. She then quickly left the way he had told her. She was worried on if he would be okay on her way out. When she got outside she could actually see how big the fire was. It was huge, terrifying, so many words could describe it. She was still gawking at the fire before her phone started ringing. Sting's name appeared on her phone (She added Sting's number before he dropped her off). She answered the phone.

Hello?

Hello? Juvia! It's Sabertooth... They know where you are. They went to burn the police station you were at down!

How did you know Juvia was here?

Well... I heard what my boss was talking about. About what happened at the hospital.

Juvia gripped her phone tightly.

Did you know all of this was going to happen? Did you know that Mavis was going to get kidnapped? TELL JUVIA! Did you know!?

Sting paused for a moment.

Yes... But-

You could have told me! Juvia would have been able to save her!  Why didn't you tell me?

That's not what I'm trying to talk about right now. Did they start the fire at the police station yet?!?

Juvia shut her phone close not wanting to hear what he had to say. She was thinking of going back inside of the building when someone familiar passed her. "Black hair... Red eyes..." She thought as her eyes widened. "It's that one guy! Rogue! He's definitely the one who started the fire," She grabbed him by the wrists before he could leave.

Juvia's POV

He stiffened up and turned to look at me. I felt him loosen up a little when he noticed it was just me. "Do I know you?" He asked calmly. I got angry but I held my self back. I pulled him closer to me so that his ears were near my lips.

"Cut the crap. I know who you and what you did." I say quietly but clearly into his ear.

"But do you sure you really  know who I am?" He whispered. His breath tickled my ear and his voice was low and husky. It reminded me of Sting for some reason. I didn't know why exactly but it did. "You don't have any evidence that I started the fire. I know you were with Sting that one day I came over to his house. I know you were listening to our conversation, I could see you through that small gap when you opened the door.  You don't even know my last name.  Even if you did... I could change my appearance anytime I want. You also don't have any proof that Sabertooth had any connection to this fire. Remember the words I say today clearly, Juvia Lockser. This fire was meant as a warning to you to not mess with Sabertooth. You could've been in that fire burning right now. So watch what you do." He stepped away from me and looked into my eyes as I did the same. We sent each other death glares. "You can try to tell everyone else about what I told you today, but I doubt anyone will listen," He scanned my body up and down. "And when Fairy Tail shuts down maybe we can play together just a little... You don't look that unattractive now that I think about it..." He says before he leaves. I scowl at his back and look back at the fire as more people exit the building. Luckily, Lahar makes it out alive and well. And I plan to tell him more about the events before today. I just can't help but think this was all my fault that the fire happend.....

Thirty-seven people are burned to death that day.