Chapter 9

You can't trust people, not even yourself.

Sunggyu opened his tired his eyes slowly but closed them immediately after that because of the bright light shining straight onto his pale face. Everything was white and bright causing him to think about being in heaven. After kind of adjusting to the light, he fully opened his eyes to be met with a white ceiling. Huh? He thought as he fully opened his eyes and got confused about why he was lying in such a white room. It was not familiar to him.

He groaned as his head felt heavy and ached as if someone shot into his head with a gun. Slowly looking around he spotted a female figure sitting on a chair. (Y/N) was quietly reading a book while sitting on a chair not so far away from his bed. She was too concentrated on the pages of her roman that she didn't notice Sunggyu straightening himself up on a sitting position on the bed. A white blanket was covering his legs until his waist to keep him warm and comfortable. All by (Y/N) who checked on him every 20 minutes in the past three hours.

____

"Where am I?" He asked tiredly and rubbed his sore head. I immediately turned my head around by Sunggyu's horse but small voice.

"Oh, you're awake?" I closed my book and turned this time my whole body around so I could face him better. He nodded in a weak way, telling me that he wasn't fully recovered yet.

"You're in the hospital." I replied to his question and scooted my chair closer to his bed.

"What happened?" He asked another question making me tilt my head at him confusedly. He doesn't remember? His eyes widened at the needle plugged into his skin.

"You fainted in the kitchen earlier so we called the embulance to bring you to this hospital." I bit the inside of my cheek while watching his reaction carefully. Did he loose his mind? I asked myself. His parted lips and half knitted eyebrows made him look like a little hamster which was confused making him even cuter. Yet, he's not my ideal type.

"I fainted?" He questioned as his eyes grew wide.

"Yes you-" before I could tell him something he cut me off.

"Did Mrs. Kim saw me?" He asked and instantly took both of my fore arms in his steady grip. His grip was quiet strong for someone who just woke up from being unconscious.

"Y-yes..." I stuttered suddenly not knowing why he acted like that.

"Agh!" He put his hands over his face and lied back in the bed.

"Why?" I asked him confusedly. He heaved a sigh before opening his mouth again.

"Mrs. Kim is my-"

"Hello." Both of us turned our heads towards the door when the doctor came in with papers in his hands. The doctor also broke the comfy composure which took place in the room when only Sunggyu's and mine voices were to be heard. Sunggyu pursed his lips in a thin line before opening it again to greet the doctor.

"Hello doctor." Both of us bowed our heads in form of respect. The doctor approached us and Sunggyu sat up again.

"How are you feeling?" He asked Sunggyu who's hair was a bit messy, because of the three hours straight being unconscious.