Chapter 8

The piano can make happy and sad sounds, just like our mind.

"hello Mrs. Kim." I bowed as I stepped to the side so she could walk in. Behind her was a tall boy who followed her and didn't forget to give me a friendly smile. I smiled back and waited for them to take off their shoes and coats. The boy - which I assumed was my page turner - took something from his jacket before hanging it on the coat rack. I followed them into my living room as Mrs. Kim sat down on the sofa. The boy stood awkwardly beside me as he didn't know if he should sit down or not.

"Introduce yourself, sweetheart." Mrs. Kim told him as he shifted his gaze shyly to me.

"Euhm... hi, my name is Sunggyu and I will be your page turner." He bowed his head slightly in form of respect.

"Don't bow kid, you two are the same age. You can be friends instead of using respectfull signs to each other." Mrs. Kim  laughed out loud. He looked up as he formed his mouth in an 'O' shape. I smiled up at him because of his cuteness. I have to admit it, he surely is handsome but I think that his cute side will show up often.

"I will take some coffee. Do you want to drink something? Soda, water, juice,.." I asked Sunggyu as he fidled with his fingers. By the sight of him, I already knew he was a bit nervous and stressed although he don't need to.

"Juice is okay." He gave me a smile. I nodded and walked up to the kitchen.

While making the coffee, maid Soyu came in and helped me with preparing everything.

"You'll do good!" She patted my shoulder as I went back to the living room with the tray in my hands. I whispered a 'thank you' in return.

"Here you are." I placed the coffee, sweets and the glass with juice on the coffee table.

"Thank you." Both of them said in unison, making us all laugh together.

"Delicious~" she purred and placed the cup back on the coffee table.

"Let's begin with the lesson." She stated and stood up. Today is a bizarre day, Mrs. Kim isn't herself. She acted and talked all in joyfull manners making me slightly confused. The three of us took appart seats at the piano and sat down.

"Hmm....this one will be a good one." She took a paper with musical notes and placed it in front of me on the piano. Sunggyu shifted on his seat so he would sit comfortably on it and waited for me to begin. I inhaled and began. Mrs. Kim's eyes were totally fixated on me and my hands as I played. Sunggyu did his job and turned the page around as I smoothly played the song.

When I ended the song, Sunggyu applauded loudly for me. Mrs. Kim told me which mistake I did and handed me another paper. We did the same for that song.

At the end of the lesson, I noticed Sunggyu acting weird beside me. He was sweating and inhaling sharply as if he had a lack of oxygen.

"I'm sorry Heeyoung but can I have a glass of water, please." He desperately but quietly asked. "Y-yes..." I stood up from my seat and walked up to the kitchen. He followed me quickly as he suddenly was panting. Drops of sweat rolled down his forehead when he watched my movements like a lost puppy, nervousness was written in big letters on his forehead.

I didn't know what was happening with him so I took the glass of water as fast as I could. It almost fell but thanks to my reflexes I could catch it before the glass almost shatered in pieces on the floor.