sixteen.

Avery and her mom watched as the 10 that went, came back from the massacre. She saw Bellamy's shirt covered in blood.

"Look at them." Willow watched disgustedly. "They killed everyone."

Bellamy made eye contact with Avery who just shook her head slightly.

"Everybody, listen up. 24 hours ago you elected me your chancellor. Every action I've taken since and every action I will take will be to achieve one sacred goal. The creation of a self-sustaining, prosperous, and safe Arkadia." Everyone cheered. "This morning on a muddy field our people paid tribute to those who have been taken from us by sending a message to the Grounders. This land is ours now!" Everyone cheered again, praising the Murder Squad for their actions. "Resist, and you will be met by force. Fight, and you will be greeted by death. Today is a new beginning. Mark it down, remember it, just like the Grounders will remember it."

Bellamy walked to Avery who didn't say anything, only looked at him. "Say something."

"I can't." she replied. "You killed innocents, they were here to help Bell."

"I was protecting us. Isn't that what you want?" he asked.

"I didn't want you to become a murderer. But well done Blake, you've done it all by yourself."

***

"Avery." Kane called while Avery stared deeply into a cup of moonshine. She looked up to find Kane standing above her.

"What do you need me to do?"

"Get Octavia, you're going outside the walls."

***

"Is it true you tried to leave camp to see Indra yesterday?" Willow asked, turning to Octavia

"Look, don't you have more important things to worry about than me sneaking out of camp?"

"As it turns out, that's why you're here. Indra signaled. She wants to meet. I'd go myself but Pike's watching everything I do now."

Kane handed Octavia her sword and Willow handed her daughter guns and some ammo. "You want me to go see Indra?"

"I need you to."

"We're in, but how do we get out? The gate is armed with-" Octavia was interupted by Avery going into her old room. She pushed a panel behind where her bed used to be, exposing a passage way. "I can explain." she told the adults while O smiled.

"Don't worry, I knew about this before you did."Kane replied. "Crawl space, door in 20 feet, drops you outside the camp wall. You get out there, you find out what the hell happened and you report back here. Can you do that?"

"I was born for this." Octavia said while stepping into the crawl space.

"I , however, am not but I'll be with Octavia so its fine." Avery and her Mom hugged, before Avery went back inside.

***

Avery and Octavia walked in the tent set in the place where Bellamy killed all thoes poeple. "Clarke." Avery said, hugging her.

"Avery. I'm glad you're alive." Avery smiled, pulling away. "Where's Kane?"

"He sent us."

"How did this happen?" Lexa asked.

"Kane lost the election to Pike. Everything's different." Avery touched her bottom lip and sighed.

"Your people voted for this?"

"No. No, I don't believe that."

"What do you know, Clarke? You haven't been here." Avery shouted a little too loudly. "Everything has gone to shit."