"If she was okay, she would have woken by now." I retort in a grumbling tone, scowling as he comes to a stand beside me.

"Harry, she had to fight harder on the operating table. The bullet missed her heart but it was close enough."

"It should have been me. I should have shoved her down or-"

"Harry, don't waste your time on thinking what you could have done. Thank God you are both alive. Don't waste another day pondering on the past and what you want to change, because you can't."

"She is alive." He says as I turn my head to look up at him. "You two have been given another chance."

"You're father has taken enough from us already. Don't let him ruin anything anymore." James mutters placing his hand on my shoulder, shaking me a little. "It's time you live your life like a normal twenty-two year old."

"You have a door to happiness." He continues, looking away from me and gesturing towards Ryder with his chin. "Now it depends if you are willing to open it and seize the day."

Ryder's POV

"I'll be out in the waiting room with your sister." A familiar voice speaks as I hear a click of a door opening. I furrow my brows, letting out a small hum as I turn my head, fluttering my eyes open.

Momentarily, my eyes sting at the bright light in the room but eventually they focus on my dad who is walking out of the room.

Where am I?

My eyes flicker to my side and I see the familiar brown head of curls that I love.

"H...Harry." I mutter, my voice dry, not sure if he heard but his sudden head turn towards me made it quite clear that he did.

"Ryder?" Harry gasp, looking at me with wide eyes and parted lips. He's looking at me like he's seeing a ghost and not believe it, he is looking at me like his shattered world is being restored as the light and hope in his eyes begin to flow right back in.

God, I deeply love this man.

"What did I miss?" I smile, still feeling half asleep.

Abruptly, Harry grasp my cheeks as he stands off his chair, before firmly pressing his lips to mine as he leans down; first molding around my bottom then top lip. I feel out of breath when he pulls away, blinking up at him.

I blink at him, completely off guard by his sweet assault. "Harry, I-"

"Marry me." He breathes his eyes locked with mine, keeping his hands on my cheeks.

My lips part as my eyes blink and subtly widen.

Did I hear him correctly?

"What?" I mutter.

"I want you to marry me." He smiles, smoothing his thumb over the apple of my cheek.

I let out a small giggle, shaking my head. "I think Im probably still dreaming."

Harry chuckles."No, you're not dreaming. We have been given another chance and I don't want to be the stupid one and not seize it. I want you to be mine, always. You have been mine since the start. I want to live the rest of my days with you."

"Marry me, baby." He says kissing me once more, before pressing his forehead to mine.

Two weeks Later

"So what do you say baby? Vegas tomorrow?" Harry asks, tightening his his arm around me that was draped over my torso above the bed sheets wrapped around our bare bodies.