Chapter 27

Playlist:
fOol fOr YoU- Zayn
July- BOY
Shallows- Daughter

Harry's POV

Walking up the sidewalk towards the office building, I can't help but wish that I didn't have to work. All I wanted to do was stay with Ryder after what happened, even though I know she is in good hands with her brother. If I hadn't just been released from my anklet I would have beat Evan to death, but I didn't cause I know full well I'm still under watch. I know the bureau is still seeing what I will do now I that I have my freedom, but they don't have to worry, I'm not going back to my old ways.

It kills me knowing that I wasn't there to help her. When I touched Ryder's smooth, bruised cheek I felt a strong surge of anger rush through me but my anger was soon washed away when I looked into her doe, brown eyes.

I smile, remembering that Ryder kissed me and that I kissed her back. I don't know why it happened but it did and strangely even though I know this will end up tragically just like everything else in my life, I still have a bit of hope. Ryder has hope in me, she thinks highly of me and the fact that she trust me and sees me for me makes me smile.

I ignore my better judgement, the same one saying that I shouldn't get attached, but it's too late. I've been attached ever since I set my eyes on her and regardless if something happens between us or not I will make sure she is safe. Smiling, I pull my cellphone out from my pocket and dial her number.

Ryder's POV

Ryder's POV

"Hello, Harry." I mutter into the phone while chewing the piece of pizza in my mouth. I was sitting on the bar stool in the kitchen dressed in lazy clothes until I have to get ready for Gavin's gallery event.

"Hey love. How are you?" He asks, his voice sounding just as thick and deep through the phone, making my heart melt.

"I'm good. I thought you were at work?"

"I am, just got here actually but I wanted to ask you something." He says just as I glance up seeing Hannah walking into the kitchen, holding one of her black dresses up with a huge smile on her face.

"What is it?" I ask Harry as Hannah points to the dress mouthing that this one should be the one I should wear tonight. I smile widely at her, nodding my head.

"Are you doing anything tonight?"

"Tonight?" I repeat, focusing back on Harry. Hannah lowers the dress in her hands making her way over, intrigued by the conversation. I almost giggle at her.

"Well Gavin's gallery show is tonight but that only goes up to eight o'clock."

"Oh, well that is perfect then. I doubt I'll be out of work later than that. Would you like to grab a late coffee with me?"