Chapter 1

Author's Note

Hey my loves! :) How are you all doing? I am super excited to start this new story. Please bare in mine that this is my original idea so the characters do not reflect the person in real life.

I hope you all enjoy it. Also, some parts are italicized which reflect what the person is thinking. On the website it does have issues with that but as long as you read on the app it'll be okay :)

Thank you again for your loving support. I am open to suggestions and opinions. Please do not forget to vote, comment and share! Xoxox

Ryder's POV

The cloudy sky cascaded a dark shade of grey over Manchester. The wet pavement had a glistening glow due to the amount of rain pouring down. I could feel a few drops of rain hitting my face as I kept a steady running pace, lucky the rain has dimmed down to sprinkles. All of the noises of cars beeping and pedestrians arguing about how late they are to work or how slow the traffic was is beautifully muted out by my music.

This is my normal routine every morning. It lets me forget all about my worries and stresses; it also lets me test my body to its limit. I am very big with keeping my body fit, not because I want to look a certain way but because I like the mental challenge. Honestly, its mind over matter. Your body is capable of doing anything but only if you allow it to.

I kept my face down, my head covered with my grey hood, the bottom of my sweats along with my shoes were soaking wet and I could feel the cold radiating under the soles of my shoes. I was running up the street to my apartment, well my best friend Katie's apartment and mine.

I have known Katie for a couple of years now and ever since the day we meet we have gotten really close, we're practically sisters. However, the apartment is usually just occupied by me because Katie spends most of her time at her boyfriends.

I am really thankful for having Katie because if it wasn't for her helping me out I would practically be living on the streets and it's not that I am some sort of criminal or because I don't have a job. The reason is because I am a 19 year old receiving a very low income trying to finish college. I took some of my basic classes while I was still in high school since I finished everything that I needed early, in order to graduate.

As I continued making my way home I felt someone slam into my right side making me groan.

"Sorry." He mumbled slowing down his pace and just before I turned around to look at him he started to run off again. I stared after him, panting, trying to catch my breath. I didn't get the chance to see his face but he was tall, his broad muscled shoulders were perfectly outlined with the fabric of his wet hoodie. I sighed and sniff; finally catching my breath and started heading back home.

I stepped into my apartment, soaked and covered in sweat kicking off my shoes by the door. I tossed my keys into the small silver bowl that was placed on top of a wooden table, where a mirror hung above with a grey detailed frame.

I walked into the kitchen heading straight to the refrigerator taking out a bottle of water. I unscrewed the cap open and chugged down at least half of the bottle, letting the cool element run down my throat quenching my thirst.

I strolled down the hall to my bedroom taking my ear phones off rolling them around my I-Pod before placing it above my dresser. Pulling out the second drawer, I grab my black and grey bra and panties heading straight to the bathroom deciding on taking out my clothes once I get out of the shower.

I place my bra and panties by the sink before taking off my hoodie and sweatpants tossing them to the floor. I pulled the shower curtain open to turn on the water so it would be warm once I stepped in. Taking off my shirt and under garments I step into the shower closing the blue curtain.