Chapter 25

Playlist:
They'll never know- Ross Copperman
Waiting for Superman- Daughtry
Don't you worry child- Madilyn Bailey (cover)

Ryder's POV

"I will give you your money soon enough." My dad grumbles in disgust. "Then I want you out of my life,my daughter's life and my family's!"

I shake my head as a few tears fell down my cheeks, pushing the door open, making it slam against the wall.

"You bribed Evan into breaking up with me!" I scowl, stepping into the office. They both turn to look at me with shocked expressions, mostly my dad than Evan.

"And you." I say turning my gaze on Evan. "You let yourself be bought. How could you both do this to me?"

"Ryder, I-"

"You two are disgusting!" I say, interrupting my dad, walking over to stand in front of my dad's desk. Evan just sighs and turns sitting on the edge of my dad's desk as if saying 'oh no, here's the drama queen'.

"Baby, I never wanted you to find out about this." My dad says, shaking his head with an anxious expression.

Really?

"Why?" I breathe, brushing my tears away with the back of my hand. "Why would you do this to me dad? Tell me why! Do you not want to see me happy at all? Huh, is that it!"

I get Evan has done bad shit to me but that isn't the point right now.

"Of course I do sweetie! This is why I did this!" He exclaims, trying to have reason. "He can't give you the happiness you deserve!" He says raising his arm gesturing towards Evan.

"I thought he did." My dad nods, standing behind his desk. "But apparently I was completely wrong." He says looking over at Evan. Evan purses his lips together into a line, trying to hide his smile as he looked up at the ceiling, nodding his head.

Gosh, I'm so happy to see that he is amused by all of this.

"You know it all makes sense now." I nod, with a sniff looking up at my dad. "No wonder my mom left you. You are a selfish manipulative man that will do anything to get what he wants."

My dad's face turns from anxious into hurt when I mention my mother but I don't care. Why should I? He doesn't care for me.

My dad shakes his head. "No, baby. I only did this for you. For us, for the sake of our relationship and family!"

"Yeah, right dad." I scoff. "You are-"

"Baby I swear!" He exclaims, gesturing with his hand in the air. "I swear on my life, I swear it on the memory of your mother, I only did it-"

"What the hell did you just say?" I gasp, widening my eyes at him. My dad's lips part at the realization of what he just said.

"Uh-oh." Evan comments with a snicker. "Shit man, you're gonna get it now."