Chapter 54

Author's Note:
Double update cause I get excited when I update and ideas begin to flow once I do. Hope you like it! 🙊 xoxo

Ryder's POV

"Here's your coffee babe." I smile, as I walk into the office with two cups of coffee from the kitchen. Hannah smiles up at me as I walk over to her desk.

"Thank you." She mutters as she reaches over to grab her cup.

"No problem." I reply as I walk over to my desk and sit down. Having a bit of free time, now that I finished my new layout, I decide to call my dad. I wait for him to pick up and after the fourth ring, he does.

"Hey daddy." I smile, leaning back in my chair.

"Hey Ry, how are you? How's work?"

"Fine. I'm almost done which is why I called you. Um, remember how you said you still had the key to our old house?"

"Yeah." He trails, unsure where I'm going with this.

"Well, I was wondering if I could borrow the key and go have a look."

"Really?" He asks surprised. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I figure it's time and maybe it will help me put everything with my mom to rest."

"Okay, baby. Well I get out late today, I have a meeting with the board but you can go and get it at my place. Martha will be there, she can tell you where it is."

"Okay. Well I'm going to go once I'm out of work." I reply. "Would you mind telling Harry for me?"

"I will."

I smile. "Thank you." I pause and bite on my lip.

"I love you." I add.

I could hear him take in a small breath through the phone line.

"I love you too."

"Okay well I'll see you later Ryder. I'll tell Shawn you said hi." Hannah smiles giving me brief hug, as we both stand outside the office building.

"Okay, see you later." I say before she turns to walk to her car.

Adjusting my bag on my shoulder, I turn on my heel to my left to head over to my car, but when I do, I accidentally crash into someone letting out a groan escape past my lips. A second after I two hands grab my upper arms to hold me steady as I stumble back a little. Looking up I am met with a man around my father's age, very short brown hair and brown eyes, dressed in a dark blue collared shirt with black dress pants.

"Oh

"Oh...I'm sorry." I say stepping back away from him, pushing my hair away from my face.

"It's alright." He smiles, his brown eyes locking with mine, dropping his large hands from my arms, before shoving them into his pockets. He stares at me for a moment.