Chapter 41

Playlist:
Is This Love- James Arthur

Harry's POV

It was around five- fifteen in the morning as I was running down the streets for my daily run before work. The rain pelted hard over me but despite of the water making me drenched, I didn't care. As I ran I looked up from my feet, a few strands of my wet hair falling out from beneath my hood and onto my forehead. I blinked casually glancing around the buildings and even though everything was dark and dreary, the streets seemed brighter to me.

Normally, I wouldn't bother to look at the world around me, the thought of someone catching glimpse of me and recognizing who I really am made me sick but today was different. Right now, I didn't care that someone would see who I really am because even if they did, I know that I have someone who sees me, the real me, and oh how much I thank God for it. I feel better, I feel a slight change in my personality. I feel as if my inner demons have pushed back a little and I have Ryder to thank for that.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket making me slow down to a stop at the end of the street. Breathing heavily, I pull it out of my pocket and see it's a text message from Ryder but when I click on it, the screen displays a video. Pressing my thumb on the screen, I allow it to play.

"Hey, Harry!" She says with a bright smile on her face, her voice filling my ears through my earphones. "I'm just getting ready for work but I wanted to say hello and hope you have a nice day at work."

"I love you!" She exclaims before sending me a kiss before the video ended.

A wide smile immediately spreads across my face as I let out an amused chuckle

Oh Ryder. These little things makes me even more head over heels for you.

Checking the time, I text her a quick reply expressing my mutual affections before making my way back home, not wanting to be late for work.

Ryder's POV

The streets were pretty busy this morning, lucky I am already outside the office building. Fidgeting through my purse to take out my ID, I hear someone call my name. Turning around I see Harry dressed in a dark office suit, carrying two cardboard cups of coffee.

"Hey." I smile turning around to face him. "What are you doing here?"

"Heading to work but I wanted a morning kiss from you." He says coming to a stand in front of me. I giggle while placing my hand on his shoulder, before standing on my toes to kiss his lips. He smiles pecking my lips once more before pulling away.

"Here." He mutters, handing me a cup of coffee.

"Thanks." I smile, taking it from him. Gently and carefully, I take the black lid off to blow some of the steam of the coffee away so I could take a sip.