Chapter 31

Harry's POV

I stood by the platform in the train station waiting for Ryder to get here. I have been here for about fifteen minutes but I decided to come a bit early to buy her a bouquet of flowers to congratulate her on her first work assignment.

Our conversation last night got me thinking about Ryder's worries and how hurt she must have felt about what her father did. I can't help but imagine if she knew that Evan was actually Nathan and that he was my brother, and if she knew the part of me that I'm keeping hidden from her, she would be devastated.

I know it's wrong for me not telling her about who I used to be but it is for her own safety. That part of my life has only brought nothing but trouble but I swear that I will tell her the truth. All I need to do is wait for the right moment.

"Harry!" Ryder's voice pulls me out of my thoughts.

I snap my head up and see her running towards me

I snap my head up and see her running towards me. I smile opening my arms out for her, taking in her happy, wide smile as she tossed her bag on the floor before slamming against me; wrapping her arms and legs around me.

"Hey, baby." I chuckle, hugging her tightly, before gently setting her back down on her feet. "How did it go?"

"Oh, It was fantastic Harry!" She beams, pulling away from me. "It was so much fun. I literally felt like a princess when they were taking photos of me for my introduction. I felt like I was important like...like I was finally making my dreams into reality."

"That's wonderful." I say, smiling at her happiness and thrill.

"So, as a congratulations to your first ever official assignment..." I trail holding my hand out  with the bouquet of white roses, towards her.

"Aww, Harry." She grins, reaching out taking the flowers from me before sniffing them, earning a small hum from her throat.

"Mmm, thank you." She mutters. "But aren't you tired of buying me flowers?"

"Mmm...nope." I laugh as she giggles and I couldn't help but lean down and kiss her rosy colored lips.

"So why didn't Hannah join us? I could have given her a ride home too. After all, you do live in the same house." I smile as I pull the car out of the parking space on the side of the street by the train station.

"Yeah I know. But, Hannah wanted to take the tube down to the office to finish the final layout before the pieces head off to publishing." Ryder explains, buckling her seat belt as I pull onto the road.

"So what do you want to do today?" She asks. "I mean unless you just want to take me home."

"Of course not." I shake my head.

I know it was only one day but I'm not going to lie, I missed her like crazy. I guess it is true what they say; everyone is looking for someone to get us and once you find that person you just really want to hold onto them.