The Replanned Baby Shower

Since Bloom had been awake, plans were made for Bloom's baby shower. Bloom was now 5 months pregnant and had a very noticeable baby bump. The baby shower was to take place in the main hall and cafeteria at Alfea.

On the morning of the baby shower, Daphne woke up to the smell of pancakes, eggs, and bacon cooking. Daphne trudged out of bed, sleep still in her eyes, and sat down at the kitchen table.

"Good morning Daphne" Bloom called from the stove.

"Morning Bloom" Daphne mumbled.

Then Daphne sat straight up "Bloom come sit down! You are five months pregnant. I will finish cooking."

Bloom couldn't argue so she sat down, a weary smile on her face.

"Thanks Daphne. Standing with the baby does get tiring after a while."

Daphne smiled back at Bloom and finished cooking.

~short time jump~

Daphne sat down to eat after filling the table with food. They helped themselves to whatever they wanted and as much as they wanted.

When they were done eating, Daphne cleared the table and Bloom helped clean dishes. They then went and watched the news till the shower started. Bloom and Daphne sat down.

"Daphne, I can't believe how much you sacrifice yourself for me. First when I was a baby, then during Tritannus's time, and now. I really owe my life to you. Without you, I wouldn't be here."

Daphne blushed, smiled, and replied "I'd go anywhere or do anything for you Bloom."

Bloom put her head on Daphne's shoulder and they sat together waiting.

Suddenly a horn sounded outside. That was the signal that the baby shower was starting. Bloom and Daphne got dressed and headed to the cafeteria.

When they got there, everyone was waiting including Sky, Marion, Oritel, Mike, and Vanessa. Bloom tried to run into her parents' arms but couldn't go very fast.

She fell into their arms and hugged her parents. Bloom walked over to Sky, kissed him, then sat down in her chair.

Daphne stood beside her sister while all the presents were placed before Bloom. Time to open some presents!

After Bloom had opened all her presents the food was served. It was a large buffet of any food you could think of. Everyone ate their food, gave Bloom a hug, and left Bloom, Sky, Daphne, and the rest of the Winx.

"Well congrats Bloom!" Musa said.

"Yeah congrats Bloom! We love you" Stella added and they all hugged Bloom.

They pulled away and Tecna asked sheepishly "can you feel the baby kick yet?"

Bloom hadn't felt anything but she suspected she would.

"Not yet Tecna but I'm sure I will at some point."

Daphne nodded her head "you will Bloom and another thing you'll notice is that sleeping will become more difficult because you'll have issues getting comfortable."

Everyone looked at Daphne with worry.

Roxy approached Bloom.

"Bloom" Roxy almost whispered "can I listen to your belly, to see if I can hear the baby?"

"Of course Roxy, you all can if you'd like."

Bloom let her friends put their ears to her tummy. Roxy's eyes went wide.

"I can hear it! I can hear a heart beat!"

After that everyone took turns listening to Bloom's baby's heart beating.

Flora got up from listening and hugged Bloom.

"I'm so happy for you" Flora whispered in Bloom's ear.

They pulled out of their hug and went back to their dorms. This was a great day.