Growing concern

It had been a week after the accident and Bloom was still in the Alfea hospital. She hadn't woken up yet and everyone, including the nurses and doctors, were getting worried.

All of Bloom's friends, including Roxy and Daphne, had been up countless hours waiting for the news that Bloom had woken up. But so far, that hadn't happened.

One morning, Daphne woke up with a start. She saw Bloom at the foot of her bed looking at her.

Daphne jumped out of bed and went to hug Bloom but instead went right through her. Daphne looked back, confused and scared, and walked back to face Bloom.

When Daphne was face to face with what appeared to be her sister, Bloom spoke.

"How could you let this happen to me Daphne? I trusted you to be there for me."

Daphne's eyes filled with tears.

"Bloom you know I tried my hardest to catch you but I-"

"I know you were too slow so Roxy had to save me. Thanks for nothing Daphne" and at those words Bloom disappeared.

Daphne was beyond ashamed and started crying and saying "Bloom come back! I'm sorry! I know I need a new power to be stronger and faster! Please Bloom come back! Come back!"

Then Daphne was jolted awake.

"BLOOM!" Daphne screamed and then realized where she was and who was with her.

Roxy was by her bedside looking very worried.

"Oh Daphne thank goodness you woke up" Roxy said, hugging Daphne.

"You were screaming at the top of your lungs. Are you okay?" Roxy asked.

Daphne sighed and looked at Roxy with sad eyes.

"Oh Roxy I'm so lost without Bloom. I never really realized it till now but since I've been back and Bloom and I have been together all the time, I really feel lost without her."

Roxy nodded her head in agreement and sat with Daphne. Roxy put her hand on Daphne's back and caressed her back, calming her.

"You had a dream about Bloom?" Roxy asked.

"Y-yeah I did. I can't believe I couldn't save her. I wasn't fast enough. I decided I'm going to go see Faragonda and ask her if there is a way for me to get stronger."

Roxy smiled and said "that's a good idea Daphne."

Daphne smiled and hugged her friend.

"Thanks Roxy, I feel better now."

Roxy smiled back and stood up and walked to the door but turned back and said "if you need me for anything, you know where to find me."

Daphne smiled and thanked her. Now to go check on Bloom...

Daphne, Roxy, and the rest of the Winx were the first ones in the waiting room that morning. Shortly after they arrived, Sky and Thoren came through the door.

Daphne was relieved to have Thoren there to comfort her but she was also worried about Sky.

With Bloom pregnant and having not woken up, the baby's birth was becoming less likely as each following day occurred without Bloom waking up.

Something had to be done.

Then it popped in Daphne's head.

"I have to go to Ms. Faragonda at once! I know how we can save Bloom!"

She jumped up from Thoren's arms and ran out the door, leaving everyone clueless as to her plan on how to save the fairy of the dragon flame and her baby.