Chapter 31

A hydra head lunges at me, I tuck and roll towards Jake. We stand back to back. He fires at one of it's necks, I reach into my pocket, pulling out my bolt. I push the button, it expands into a sword. I plunge it into another neck. I see Ashley, trying to reach us, she runs to us.

"What's the plan?" Jake screams over the hydra's cries.

"Shoot at the neck, or anywhere." Ashley offers helpfully.

"Ok." Jake shouts, and we continue.

Our slashes and arrows don't really help, it just makes the monster angrier.

"THATS NOT WORKING!!" I yell franticly.

"Ok. That leaves one option." Ashley replies. "RUN!!!!!" And we bolt around the monster, racing through random corridors. But the hydra follows us. Finally we come across a hallway, too small for it to fit in. We slump against the wall, painting like dogs. A hydra head popping thought the opening, once then its large feet walk away, maybe in search of a resting place.

Ashley holds out her arm, its covered in blood, I wince. The blood is pouring out, onto Ashley, her clothes, and the floor.

"We need to wrap that up." Jake says, holding my hand, he lets go and walks over to the place where we set our packs. He unzips one of the bags, and comes back with a bottle of disinfectant cream, bandages, and a bit of nectar and ambrosia.

"Ok, Ashley take a bite," he says handing her the ambrosia. She willingly takes it, and lifts it to her lips, and takes a bite. He also hands her the canteen, she also takes that, gulping down one sip.