"Nia, do you got any cream?" Larenz asked, referring to cream as "money."

"No, ask Dee." I replied to him as I hovered myself with my blanket.

"C'mon, can you at least check your little quarter box or whatever?" Larenz whined, as i sucked my teeth before standing up.

I walked over to where my jar of quarters were, and opened the pink lid. "How much do you want?" I questioned.

"Hmm......$4." He rejoinders.

"$4? I don't even think I have that much in here."

"Then check, dummy!" He barked at me.

"You better tone that down or else you can go to school with no money, how about that?" I warned him, before he scoffed and apologized.

I sighed as I poured out all the quarters that was inside the jar, and took 16 quarters, which summed up to $4.

"Here." I gave him the money.

"Oh wait, can I have like a few more quarters?" He asked again.

"For what?" I answered in a annoyed tone.

"I wanna cop a bacon, egg and cheese on a roll before I get to school." Larenz replied.

I rolled my eyes at his response, before giving him 4 more quarters.

"Thanks."

"And you better pay me back!" I yell at Larenz as he exited my room.

"And don't be trying to start fights with people at school!"

I gave a sharp huff, as I returned back to my bed, returning to read my book for a while as everyone in the house left.

A few hours later, it was 11 in the morning. I heard a knock on the door, I guess it's Ralph.

I sighed as I walked downstairs in the empty house, before peeking through the front door's peephole, seeing that it was someone that I never expected to come at my house.

"Eric? What do you want?" I yell without opening the door.

"I just wanna talk to you for a few, you ain't been in school for a while." He answered me.

"Talk to me about what? Aren't you supposed to be knockin' that burnt piece of chicken Tatyana boots?" I sassily clapped back.

I heard him sick his teeth. "C'mon, Nia. First of all, Tatyana hasn't been in school since she got arrested by them feds."

"But I bet you still talking to her while she was in the pen, right?"

"Nia, why you trippin' over this? It's been 2 weeks, I obviously know that you're failing almost every class since you just wanted to avoid everyone all of a sudden."

"Because-", I opened the door to face Eric to continue my sentence, "I want to. Do you remember? Huh? Two weeks ago I cried and ranted at you because you were acting like a goddamn fool. Forcing your homeboys to follow you to do this and that, cutting ties with people who's been down with you since probably freshman year, Eric. It's also because you were so illiterate to believe that I nearly got--, you know what? Why am I even explaining this to you? You obviously know what you did a few weeks ago, and I'm not about to repeat myself like some fool." I said to Eric.