Chapter 13: Pizza & Aloe..

Start from the beginning

"Loser? If I'm a loser than you're a nerd," Logan gasped.

I giggled, "I know I'm a nerd so you must be a loser."

"Well I neva!" He exclaimed in his deep accent.

I laughed and shoved him lightly. We watched the sun dip below the horizon and it seemed to sink into the water.

"Whelp, come on, I'm hungry again," Logan said, standing up.

"Really?" I chuckled, taking the hand that he offered to help me up.

He nodded, "You know how many calories swimming burns? I'm a man, I need tons of sustenance!"

I snickered, "Sure Logan, but I could eat too."

"Let's go get a shower first," he suggested and I agreed. We grabbed all of our stuff and walked back to the hotel.

"Dibs on shower first!" I said quickly. I called it and get to shower first and apparently, that's the rules.

"Damnit!"

We got back up to the room and I made sure to run into the bathroom first. I don't know if you've ever been to the ocean, but it's all good and fun until you decide to shower later.

I had sand in places I didn't even know sand could get in. It took me forever in a million to wash all of the grit off myself, out of my hair and rinse my swimsuit off. Sand just magically appeared in places that I had already washed clean.

I hissed through my teeth as the water stung my skin a little and turned it on low.

"Eva! Come on, I have sand in my pants!" Logan pounded on the door as he whined.

"Just a second!" I yelled and stepped out of the shower.

I think the sand exfoliated me to the point of baby skin. It stung a little when I touched it.

I twisted my hair into a towel and dabbed myself off, turning around to look in the mirror.

I swiped the steam off the mirror and gasped. Then I screamed in absolute horror.

"Eva?!" Logan said outside the door.

"Oh my god!" I cried.

"What?! Eva are you okay?!"

I quickly wrapped the towel around myself and flung the door open. Logan stumbled back and his eyes went wide.

"Oh wow..."

"I look like a lobster!" I yelled, completely upset.

"Oh my gosh, you're so red," he mumbled quietly.

"Shut up! It hurts, what do I do?" I pouted, pacing around tensely. I had an awful sunburn and holy shit was I beginning to feel the burn. I've never had a sunburn before.

"Uh, I'll uh, I'll go get you some aloe, okay? Then we can go eat after I get a shower," Logan suggested, smiling at me.

"What? No! I'm not going out like this! I look terrible," I hissed.