Chapter 12: Beach Day

Start from the beginning

"Why?"

"I brought a bathing suit, but did you? And we'll be needing some sandals, sunscreen, a couple towels, the works."

"I did not bring swimming trunks," Logan admitted.

"Let me get dressed and we can go there," I said, pointing to a little beach style place called the Shell hut. I'd been watching people go in and out of there all morning with stuff.

I changed into a tank top and running shorts, opting to pull my hair up off the back of my neck and I made sure to put my suit on under my clothes.

"Let's go!" I said to Logan. He was pulling a tennis shoe on, "Okay, okay!"

We left the hotel and were instantly blasted in the face by scorching heat. I looked at my paleish completion. I'd be needing some SPF700 after this. This was far different than Cape Cod.

I put on the sunglasses Logan had given me and walked next to him towards the beach.

We swerved off the sidewalk and went into the Shell Hut. Big fans blew around the hot air, not really helping but it was a relief from the scorching sun in the shade.

"Go pick out some trunks and I'll get the other stuff," I said, pushing Logan towards a wall of men's wear.

He scooted off to find something and I turned to a wall of beach towels. Did I want the dolphins, the beach, the life guard or the sunglasses towel?

I picked the life guard one just cause and grabbed a bright orange popsicle towel for Logan. It was really cute.

Snatching a bottle of SPF 100 off a shelf, I tucked it under my arm with my towels.

"Eva, I found some," Logan found his way to my side and held up a pair of black trunks with blue stitching.

"What, you didn't want those?" I pointed to a flame print pair.

He shook his head vigorously. I laughed and handed him his popsicle towel.

"Wow, adorable," he said with a chuckle.

"I know right?" I grinned.

We found two pairs of flip flops to wear out in the sand and finally found our way to the register. It was all pretty cheap and we made off with a good deal. Logan changed into his trunks while we were in the shade and where there was a changing room.

"Wow it's hot," I said to Logan as we walked across the sand towards the water.

He chuckled, "I forget you've never been down south."

We got close enough to the water to spread out out towels. I kicked off my flip flops and stood on my towel to avoid the burning sand.

Crossing my arms, I grabbed the hem of my tank and pulled it off. Then I slipped my shorts off and set them aside.

I fixed my pink and black Victoria Secret bikini and adjusted the strings so they were tight.

I looked at Logan, who was sitting on his towel, staring up at me.

"What?"