Chapter 10

It was three AM. The moonlight trailed into the room from the open window, a soft breeze rustling the drapes in a ghostly fashion. The night was cold. Colder than the forecast had foretold. Spring did have a way of making you think weather would be warmer, only to bit you with cold fangs later in the night after a day of sun.
You shivered as the frosty breeze nipped at your exposed skin, a distinct worry nagged at your unconscious mind, trying to pull you out of slumber. Opening your eyes slowly, you sat up in your bed, looking out into the night. The worry that had pulled you from sleep now made itself prominent in your mind. It felt foreign though. Like someone was psychically telling you that you had a problem you needed to deal with. Something was amiss, and you thought you knew exactly what it was, though you had no idea how this information made it's way into your brain.
You took the top blanket off of your bed and wrapped it tightly around yourself as your feet slid onto the hardwood floor and you crossed the room to shut the window.
Your eyes gazed at the dark woods off in the distance, and at the soft silver grass that rested peacefully under the moonlight. It looked like a completely different world at night time. The sky was riddled with stars so brilliant and bright that one couldn't possibly hope to capture it's sheer brilliance in a photograph, even with the best camera. You had to be able to look at it, and feel it's light and wonder, to fully understand how truly small you are, and how much you don't understand. Thousands upon thousands of stars and planets painted the dark abyss, and the longer you stare, the further your mind drifts off, thinking of the wonders and terrors that surely hold themselves in that endless void, so far above you.
But tonight, your gaze didn't linger for long on the beauty of the Heavens. You left your room, still wrapped in a blanket for extra warmth, and went quickly down the hall to Andy's room, opening the door softly in case somehow you were totally wrong and he was sound asleep. As you suspected however, he was nowhere to be seen. You knew where he was, though as you walked quickly down the hall to the living room, you were baffled at how sure you were. Again, you got the eery feeling of having been told.
You found Ginger sitting in front of the door, looking confused and irritated. She wanted to get out, but of course, she couldn't operate a doorknob. When you entered the room, she turned her gaze to you, and then let out a little, "meow."
"No, you are staying put. I got this," you told her matter-a-factly, removing her from in front of the door and quickly exiting before she could run out after you.
Your eyes immediately landed on the unmistakably human figure on the lawn. It was incredibly bright tonight, so you had no trouble seeing. Andy sat 20 feet away from the front porch out on the grass, his wings bared and laying limply at his sides, giving off a distinct look of misery and defeat. He was looking up at the stars. You felt a tightness in your chest as your heart ached for him. Maybe to you the sky was a open abyss of mystery, but to him, it was his home; just out of reach.
You walked silently on bare feet across the grass to go talk to him, trying to think of something to say before you got there. As you neared you noticed in his hand he held on almost empty bottle of whiskey.
When you stood next to him, you knelt down slightly and put your hand on his shoulder. He didn't respond. He no longer looked to the sky, but now his head hung low.
"Andy?" You whispered softly, wrapping your blanket around you tighter and taking a seat on the grass next to him.
"Yes?" He responded blankly.
"Are you okay?" You asked removing the whiskey from his hand. It slid from his grasp limply and you set it down on the other side of you, away from him.
"I really fucked up, Y/n. And now I don't know how to fix this. No one will talk to me," he said mournfully, looking back up to the night sky. You removed your hand from his shoulder and placed it over his right hand, which rested on the grass in between you. His skin was cold to the touch.
"It'll work out, Andy. It has to. Isn't that what you angels are all about? Fate, and lessons and things working out?"
"That's bullshit, what are you reading?" He asked you in genuine confusion.
"Okay that's fair. Never mind. The thing is, we all make mistakes, right? We're not perfect-"
"No, angels are perfect. Sometimes there is just a glitch, so to speak, and some of us are born imperfect. But it's rare," he said resentfully. You could feel the self loathing radiating off of him.
"Wow, okay I'm shitty at comforting angels. Anything more you wanna tell me before I say something else?" You asked in mild exasperation.
A small silence took place until he finally said faintly, "no."
You rubbed the back of his hand gently, trying to comfort without words, for apparently you weren't educated enough for that. He didn't resist your attentions, so you concluded it might be helping. It was quiet and peaceful, and a kind of calm intimacy surrounded you both. You inched closer to him on the damp grass and held his hand more firmly in yours.
"I think I'm drunk," he said after a while, taking his hand away from you to hold his head in his hands.
"I should think so," you said with a nod, examining the remains of what had previously been an unopened bottle of Jack Daniels. He drank three and a half quarters of it.
"Kind of a weird...feeling," he said drunkenly, feeling his face and lips.
"Does your face feel numb?" You asked, watching him with slight concern.
"Maybe a little bit. I think," he said, shivering. You unwrapped yourself from your blanket and draped part of it over him so you were both covered. His wings disappeared into his back and he inched closer to you to get more blanket.
Another silence took place and you listened to the rustling of the trees as a soft wind passed through them. Andy's cold skin gradually warmed up against yours and you rested your head on his shoulder, taking his hand in yours once again. He rested his head against yours and slowly dragged his thumb back and forth across the back of your hand, enjoying the feeling of your soft skin against his. Somehow, your presence was a comfort, and he found that the knot of hopelessness that he had felt earlier begin to unwind.
"It's cold out here, do you want to go back inside?" You asked softly, glancing at him.
"Yes," he replied after a moment, looking back up to the stars one last time before releasing the blanket and getting extremely unsteadily to his feet.
"Whoa, don't fall over!" You exclaimed, seeing as he was about to do so. You grabbed his arm to steady him and he let out a muffled laugh and leaned heavily against you.
"Freakin' drunk angels. . ." You mumbled exasperatedly under your breath, cracking a small smile as you walked slowly towards the door with the nearly empty bottle of whiskey in the hand you weren't using.
When you finally made it to the house, you deposited him down on the couch with a huff of exertion and he fell heavily onto the soft cushions. Ginger immediately jumped up onto his lap and began meowing, most likely ridiculing him for leaving her at the door. He closed his eyes and brought one hand up to pet the agitated cat.
"You need to drink this," you said, handing him a cup of water. He took it from you blindly and drank it obediently, handing it back once it was empty.
"Thank you," he muttered, opening his eyes as you set the glass down on the coffee table.
You plopped yourself down on the couch next to him and sighed. "It's probably not any comfort, but I really do think you'll find a way to sort this out," you said quietly, petting the cat that resided on his lap.
He glanced at you, examining your beautiful face. You looked tiredly ahead of you, yawning. He looked at your beautiful eyes and felt his stomach stir slightly. Your eyes, he decided, was his favorite part of you. They seemed to hold all the shine and intensity that the night sky did on earth. When you looked at him, giving him a much better view of your beautiful
e/c (eye color) eyes, they seemed to look right past him and into his soul, compromising his ability to hide behind himself. It made him feel slightly exposed, but he wasn't quite sure that was a bad thing.
You stared at each other in silence for a moment as you felt your exhaustion beginning to set in and another yawn escape your lips. You broke your eye contact and leaned against him, kicking your feet up on the couch and covering yourself with your blanket.
Andy yawned and wrapped an arm around your shoulders, leaning on the armrest, closing his eyes and enjoying having you so close to him.

~~~~~~~

You were pulled from blissfully merciful sleep by snickering and quiet laughter. You peeled your eyes open slowly to find yourself wrapped up in Andy's embrace, your bodies pressed together closely. He was like a human heater, and his skin felt delightfully warm against yours. As you slowly got your senses back, you looked over to the hall to see Jinxx, Ashley and CC all standing there with smirks that could kill, looking at you and Andy.
It looked like Jinxx was about to open his mouth and make some smart ass or inappropriate comment or both, when suddenly you felt Andy wake up with a muttered, "huh?"
When he realized what was happening, his face turned red and he instinctively shoved you away from him. Hard.
You flew off of the couch and landed painfully on the floor, groaning in pain.
"Oww. Not again," you moaned, clutching your shoulder, which you had landed on. "Why do you always do this?"
Andy sat up straight on the couch as the guys burst into laughter so strong it made them incapable of coming to your rescue. He quickly stood and picked you up off the floor, apologizing profusely.
"I am so sorry, oh my god, are you okay?!"
"I'm having a great time, Biersack! I love being thrown off of couches!" You replied sarcastically, taking the hand he offered you and getting to your feet. "Stop laughing, damnit!" You added snappishly to the three in the hall. All this did was make them laugh harder.
When you stood on your feet again, you brushed yourself off irritably and shot Andy a look that clearly asked, "why? Just why?"
Leaving the four to themselves, you went off to go take a shower and get dressed for the day. You decided to not talk to Andy about last night for you got the feeling he wouldn't want to talk about it; but the lingering thought of how much pain he was truly in, and simply wasn't letting on, remained. It worried you, and made you feel slightly sick with heartache at the same time. As to why it had that affect on you. . . You shuttered slightly and tried not to say the words out loud or even in your head.
But it was frankly to late.
You were now 99.9 percent sure you had cought feelings much deeper than lust for the youngest angel.  This wasn't good. . .what were the ramifications for falling in love with an angel? Rationalism reminded you that technology speaking, he was no longer an angel. Just a human with black, flightless wings. Did that change anything? Would he ever even think of you the same way?
Your head spun as you over thought the situation to death. You took a seat on your bed and took a deep breath, trying to make sense of the situation. Of course, you failed at this because the situation simply didn't make any sense.
Deciding to brush the whole thing off completely--for now--you went out into the kitchen to start breakfast and found the house vacant. Voices coming in from the open window assured you as to the whereabouts of the guys, and you were frankly grateful that you could just do some quiet cooking and think about your next step.
You figured it was about time that they should be introduced to society, but you still needed to sand off the edges on them before hand. Problem was, you weren't sure which edges needed to be sanded. You needed help, and a second opinion.
Your solution? Call Angelo.

Okay I felt like there wasn't enough fluffy romance type content with you and Andy, so that's what this chapter is. . . Please please please please tell me what you think, guys; I'm not very good at making 'cute' scenes, so I feel a bit uncertain about this and some constructive criticism (or any comment, really) would be really nice! Thank you, gorgeous people, I love you all!!!