Chapter 3

You awoke next morning bright and early and jumped out of bed to check on your occupants. Peeking into the guest bedroom, you found the four that had taken residence in that room all still asleep. It wasn't surprising, judging on the fact that it was 5:30.
CC was sprawled out comfortably on the floor with various blankets tossed over him.
Jake was curled up modestly in a corner with two blankets neatly turned into a nest.
Jinxx, who had been on the bed, now resided under it. The only clue to this a foot that stuck out into view from underneath it.
Ashley was now on the bed, comfortably relishing in everyone's share of pillows. It was only then that you realized no one but him had any pillows.
With a small sigh and a mental note to get more pillows today when you went to town, you left the room and walked down the hall quietly into the living room. Andy was asleep on his side, facing the room rather than the back of the couch. His blanket had fallen to the floor sometime during the night and he had his arms wrapped around something he was cuddling.
You squinted in confusion as you tried to make out a what was wrapped up in his arms when the culprit slowly raised it's head to look at you.
You gasped quietly, feeling indignation strike up in your stomach. Never, in all her 4 years of living here, had that damn cat let you wrap your arms around her. She never even submitted to you holding her. She would curl up on your lap occasionally and let you pet her, but she threw a fit if you tired lifting her. And there she was, submitting gracefully to being snuggled like a goddamn teddy bear. You glared at her for a moment, and slowly, she turned her head sightly and licked Andy's cheek. You could have swore she looked you dead in the eye as she did so. Not even when she was a kitten had she ever licked you.
You snarled at her silently and left the room with a huff, going into the kitchen to make breakfast. Ginger didn't even follow you to the kitchen for food. She stayed put in Andy's arms.
You poured some coffee into a cup and decided you weren't hungry. While you were waiting for someone to wake up, you thought you might start a shopping list. You planned on going to town today simply because you needed to buy your newfound responsibilities clothes and such, but since you were there, you figured you might as well grab all that you needed.
You were busy scribbling away at your paper as the clock slowly moved onward into the day. Once you finished your list, you put away the dishes that you had loaded in the dish washer yesterday. You thought it might be a terrible idea to take the angels into town, so you would leave them here and just pray. You couldn't think of what could go wrong, but you were not about to underestimate their abilities to cause disaster. They were Fallen after all. . .what kind of havoc to do you have reek in Heaven to get kicked out?
Your planning of the day was silenced when you heard soft sounds coming in from the living room; a low groan, some ruffling of movement and a whispered, "I can't sleep when you do that. . ."
You fumed as you thought about how the cat was probably licking his face. Why did she hate you?
The sounds from the living room quieted and you held still, straining your ears as you tried to assess whether or not he had gone back to sleep. It appeared he had, for no more noise came from that direction. When you walked back out a few minutes later, he was laying on his back with one knee cocked in the air. The cat was snugged into the crook of his neck and he had one hand resting limply on her back. Andy was gorgeous looking at the moment, and you suddenly became painfully aware of this in your gut. Painfully aware. No, this could not happen to you right now. . .
You shook yourself briskly and tore your eyes away from him, walking silently to your bedroom to get changed out of your pajamas and didn't dignify the cat with another glance. You changed into jeans and red and black t-shirt with an apocalyptic type scene on it and brushed your hair out in the mirror.
When you walked back into the living room, Andy was sitting upright with his legs crossed in front of him, bent over Ginger, who was laying on her back with her arms stretched out playfully. When you came into the room, Andy looked up to see who entered. The a soft smile on his face that faded when he looked up, leaving it's echo around the corners of his mouth.
"Good morning," you greeted with a small smile. He returned your smile hesitantly and continued to run his fingers through the soft fuzzy fur of Ginger's belly. God he was so pretty; you didn't even care that he had somehow gotten Ginger to roll over.
You went and stood in front of him and took a seat on the coffee table. "My plan for today is to go to the city and buy supplies. I'm leaving you five here, is that going to be a problem?" You asked him briskly. He shook his head. "No, it'll be fine. How long are you going to be gone?"
"Maybe like three or four hours? It depends, really. Are you sure you'll be alright?"
"Yes. But I'm going to apologize in advance if we aren't," he said bluntly. You shuddered to think what that meant. "Okay whatever, do you have phones in Heaven?"
"No, but I know what a phone is."
"Do you know how to use one?"
"Yes."
"Okay good," you said in relief, writing down your number on a piece of paper and handing it to him. You had a home phone, so you would leave that one with them and take your cell. "Call me if there is a problem."
He took the paper from you and pet the cat absently as he read the digits.
"How are you feeling this morning?" You inquired, lifting his chin up so he was forced to look at you and looking into each eye in turn and shining your little light in them,  which you had put in the pocket of your jeans. His concussion was almost none existent now.
"I feel fine," he claimed, pulling away from you forcefully and looking mildly alarmed.
"I'm your doctor now, you have to stop doing that," you told him exasperatedly.
"I don't like people in my space!" He exclaimed resentfully.
"Well too bad! You're the one who got yourself thrown down to earth. It's not like I asked for this responsibility," you snapped. He glared daggers at you and countered, "I'm not your responsibility! Besides, I didn't force you to make me stay here!"
You gasped in angry astonishment. "Would you rather I left you and your friends to fend for yourselves?! You wouldn't last two minutes, despite what you and your know it all attitude might think!"
"That's so untrue! Your not as smart as you think you are, you don't know what would have happened!" He shouted defensively.
"Yes. I. Do!!! You would have gotten yourself lost or shot or taken by the government for scientific experimentation! You are such a brat!!" You raised your voice to match his volume and tugged at your hair in frustration.
His nails dug into his knees as his face heated up with rage. "And you're just a bitchy girl who can't mind her own goddamn business!"
"And you're just a grumpy kid who obviously has daddy issues or something!"
"You're a fucking twat!"
"No, you're a fucking twat! Are you allowed to say those words up in paradise, or was it your smutty mouth that got you trouble with the boss man?" You wanted to punch him in the face, and he had similar feelings on the matter.
"Er--you guys really shouldn't be left alone in the same room together," came Jinxx's voice from the doorway. You both simultaneously turned to him and pointed accusing fingers at each other.
"He was being an ass-"
"She started it, I didn't even do anything-"
"He called me a twat!-"
"She said I was a 'responsibility'-"
"He said I was 'bitchy'-"
"She said I would get myself shot-"
"BYYY MEEEE!!" You boomed in a super deep voice, turning away from Jinxx to glare at Andy with pure rage behind your eyes. Andy's eyes widened and he shrank back, startled. Who knew your voice would go that deep. . .
For some reason, even through his powerful anger and true hatred of you at the moment, he couldn't tear his eyes off you. Damn you were sexy when you were in a rage. Your face flushed becomingly and your eyes blazed with fire that might have been taken straight from hell. Your small hands balled into fists and your shoulders were squared indignantly. You looked completely breathtaking. Which was definitely not what he wanted to be feeling at the moment. You had similar feeling in your gut. He looked gorgeous when he was asleep and relaxed, but you couldn't say he didn't look damn fine when his temper was high. You cursed yourself for thinking this.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa, no one is shooting anyone! Holy hell, how old are you two?! What happened?!" Asked a disgruntled Ashley, tightening his belt as he came into the room.
Just as you two were about to go off in another rage storm, Ashley held up his hands to silence you both.
"Okay, before anything else, I want both of you to get a grip. You are acting like teenagers, and it's just embarrassing. Think about this for a minute before you say anything."
You closed your eyes and took deep angry breaths, knowing what Ashley said was true, but still being unable to help feeling agitated.
"I'm good, I'm good. . . " you mumbled to yourself, reopening your eyes. Andy was looking at you resentfully, but seemed to have cooled off a little bit as well. You shared unpleasant eye contact before looking back up at Ashley.
"Good," said that angel. "Now what the hell happened?! One at a time."
Both you and Andy paused to think about how exactly it had started. Nothing really happened persay, you just found it easy to fall into bickering. You were very provocative to the other. With nothing to say for yourself, you remained silent. Andy, apparently, had gotten the same idea and also remained silent. You both stared guiltily at Ashley, then turned and glued your eyes together in furious lust.
"Ooookay there is way to much sexual tension in this room for me," Jinxx said, slowly disappearing down the hallway. You and Andy bolted to your feet and screamed defensively down the hall:
"I WOULD NEVER-"
"THAT WOULD NOT FUCKING HAPPEN-"
"THERE IS NOTHING-"
"WHERE WOULD YOU EVEN GET THAT IDEA-"
You stopped shouting when Ashley, too, retreated down the hall. Throwing one last furious look at Andy, you stormed off to your bedroom.
Of course, when you left and the room got quiet, all four of the angels came out into the living room, just as Andy threw himself back down onto the couch with a huff.
"Don't. Say. Anything," Andy warned, seeing as they all wore shit eating grins.
"Wh-"
"Anything."
You were cooling off in on your bed when you suddenly remembered that you need to put fresh bandages on Andy's stomach and leg. You literally laughed out loud to yourself as you thought about how that would go down.
No, the bandages would have to wait a while. He would never consent to letting you do anything to him at the moment. You made a mental not to get sleeping drugs of various sorts and then hopped in the shower.

And I present to you, the third chapter! Please tell me what you think guys, I'm dying to know how it is!!!