For once

Alex's P.O.V.
It is already 17.30. It's going to get dark any time soon. But I follow Owen either way. He leads me to. a festival. The spirits'  festival. I've always wanted to go to one of these.
I can't help myself but ask "Why are we here?"
"Why?Because it's the spirits' festival. And I want you to have fun"
- - - - - - - -
It is 20.00 and we still haven't got back. We went to the roller coaster and then to some other games. Now that we are here, I start to feel relaxed and finally free. We went to the city centre and ordered something to eat. I ordered coffee and he ordered a milk shake. I like being with Owen.
"Hey,what's going on?" He said while touching my hand.
"Nothing. Just- I haven't had more fun ever again. I like being with you."
"Me too and-"
"Here are your drinks. Coffee and a Milk shake?"
"Yes thank you"
Said the waitress.
I drunk my coffee and I enjoyed it so much. With extra ice. My brain froze while I was enjoying  the moment. I wanted to forget about training and stuff. I remember the first day of training.
"Um...I don't wanna be rude or something but, I feel that you are very stressed. Is it because of training?What they do to you?"
"No it's not that bad. They are just... Strict"
"So you've spent most of your childhood there?"
I remember the moment they took me. And all that hard training.

*Flashback*
(No-one's P.O.V)
2 weeks after Alex's arrival:
It is 12.00 o'clock. They are going to introduce her to  James. A boy with dark blond , short hair and brown eyes. He is very...sensitive. Alex is scared but also fascinated. She has always wanted to be the center of attention. She wasn't shelfish though. She just wanted friends. That changed when they brought her here. They tried to change her. To make her tough. Anyway, She meets Master Nero first.(waterbending teacher).
"Alex,this is James. James this is Alex. She is the Avatar"
"You don't look so tough for the Avatar"
"And you don't look so  strong for an earthbender"
"Enough, Alex"
Even then,they tried to oblige me.
He leaves me and James alone.
"Anyway,what do we do now?"
"What do you mean?We train"
"Again?"
"The only thing that we do here is training. As the Avatar,you should have know that. That's your job."
"Don't we have time to play?"
"Playing is not an option here."
"Why are you here?"
"To become the greatest Earthbender. I am the first kid ,except the avatar ,who is able to train with the White Lotus teachers.My dad says that I am going to honour our family's name"
"How long have you been here?"
"All my life."

*End of flashback
"Yes,I guess I have. Hey, why don't we walk?"
"Let's go"
We walk to the park and sit in a bench. It is night. There is no one with us.
"So...tell me things about you ,Alex"
"Are you sure?"
"Why not?I wanna be informed about your inner self. Your darkest secrets will be revealed"
I loook at him with frustration.
"Haha,kidding. I just wanna get to know you better. Y'know. Get to know the Avatar who is going to save my life."
"Ok then. Let's see...My father is a Firebender and my mother a waterbender, I used to have 2 parrots,my favourite colour is dark blue, I love reading, I am an animal lover, I hate meat, I hate colour yellow,  I speak German,I like History but I hate Maths, Science, Physics... and I have been living with the White Lotus since I was 4. I think that's all. What about you?"
"Hmm. My dad abandoned me and my brother. My mum  was an earthbender and I think my dad was a firebender. I  got a scholarship and I have been leaving with my brother Aiden ever since. He is 18 years old and he's a firebender as well. I love green. I have a dog. Her name is Nala. I love History as well. I like swimming even though I am a firebender. I have moved to another area about 4 or 5 times. That's all."
"Interesting... Um, I'm sorry Owen. But I have to leave"
"See ya tomorrow?"
"I hope you will."