Day after day

I was so excited for travelling to republic city and I couldn't sleep. But I decided that I should try as I had to wake up earlier than usual. At 4.30. Here,there is no excuse for being late or tired. For not understanding or not being able to make it. Especially for me. If you try, you will succeed. If not, you will be a failure and you are worthy of your punishment. I go downstairs to eat.
I bow as I see all my Masters eating.
"Good Morning, Alex. I suppose you already know we are travelling to Republic city. So get ready. We are leaving after you finish the today's schedule." He gives me the paper. First of all: meditation.
I go to the small yard and I can see Master Aera waiting for me.
"Ah Alex. Shall we begin?"
I sit down and try to meditate. But for some reason James' words keep remind me the reason I am here: *Don't be satisfied,it is going to be harder day after day*. I don't get it. Yes I am the Avatar. Yes it is my duty to protect the world. But we all know that I can master all 4 elements. I can meditate as good as Master Aera and I enter the Avatar State.
"Alex, tell me, what's wrong?"
"What?Nothing's wrong"
"You know that you are not focused. Tell me what are you thinking".
"It's just-. Why am I still here?I mean I have already mastered the 4 elements successfully. But they don't get it. They won't stop obliging me and being as strict as they can. Why? It's not that I am that bad. Am I?"
"Alex. You must understand. You may think you are not bad. And you are not ,for sure. But how can we be sure that when you go out there,  you are going to be safe"
"And how long exactly are you planning to keep me here like a prisoner?"
"For as long as it takes for us to know for  sure that you are ready. Besides, they are not strict because they want to. They are because they care for you"
"Oh right I see. So you think that taking a 4 year old away from her family so she can train 5 hours every day expresses your kindness and awareness."
"Alex! If you still want to go to  Republic city I suggest you shut up and do as you are told."
Oh my god. What was I thinking. I should expect that. Wht did I think that he was going to be different? Anyway,have to hurry.
I run as I want to avoid him as much as possible. At least until we leave this place.
"Teacher, master Aera said that he wants to be alone. So we should not bother him. He says he wishes we enjoy our trip." I say an excuse so I won't be punished dor skipping meditation.
"Alright Alex thank you. You may go now". It is already 3.00 o clock. I am free now. I go to my room and organise my stuff. That's when I hear footsteps. James.
"I see you had no problem in avoiding Master Aera and lying."
"Shut up James. What do you want?"
"I was planning on telling everyone unless..."
"Unless shat?"
"Unless you make sure you lose in our fight."
"Forget it James not gonna happen"
I know that if I lose or surrender in a fight I am going to be in so much trouble. So I deny.
" Ok then. See you later." Wait what? He wouldn't! "You wouldn't do that". "Maybe yes maybe no. Who knows?"
I can't believe I am doing this. "Please James. Don't you think that you've done enough telling everyone about my excuses?"
"Ok then Miss Avatar. I won't say anything. For now."
I only whisper 'thank you' as he leaves. Alright. Suitcase -ready. Books -ready. Shoes and jackets-ready.
Let's travel to Republic city!!!