Murder, Death, and Bio

I saw a kid get his head bashed in by some dude with a croquet mallet. The guy with the mallet just laughed when the other guy hit the floor. The four dudes behind his snickered, brandishing their mallets.
"Hey, runt. Why are you here?" asked a tall redhead who I'd seen with facebasher.
"Uhhhh." I mumbled.
"My locker is here." I whispered holding my locker door open.
"Well, runt. This is where we hang out. Let's just say you don't wanna be here when we hang out." warned redhead.
"I'm Bob, by the way." he offered his hand and when I went to shake it, he dabbed instead.
Boys.

Later, in bio, I saw the five guys who had hit the guy in the face with their mallets. Sitting right next to me was facebasher. Bob was on the other side. He turned to kind of smile at me, kind of glare.
"Oh, Bobby, you like her, don't you?" asked a guy who must have been facebasher.
"Shame, Bob. I thought you liked Christina. Instead you had to fall for the new girl." said the same guy.  I turned. It was definitely facebasher. He had a bloody nose and holes in the knees of his school uniform pants. He smiled when I turned.
"Hiya, new girl." he laughed. "It seems like my boy, Bob, likes you an awful lot. I'm not gonna let him have ya though. You're too good for trash like him, sweetheart." Facebasher smiled.
"My name's Gerard. If really prefer it if you called me Daddy though." he snickered. I rolled my eyes.
"I'm Frank. Call me Frankie." said a short guy with a lot of piercings.
"Ray." said a guy with an afro.
"And my little brother's in the other grade. You'll meet him during lunch." said Gerard. "Oh, what about you, princess. What's your name?" he smirked.
"I... I'm Katherine. I go by Kat, though. Very nice meeting all of you. " I smiled.
"Meeting? No sweetie. You're one of us, now." laughed Gerard and Frank.
Ray snickered.
The teacher walked into the room.
"Okay class. Today we're going to be learning about symbiotic relationships." she said.
"It's where one animal does something for another and they both benefit, right?" asked Frank out loud.
"Yes, Frank." sighed the teacher.
Gerard nudged me.
"Frank's the smarter one of all of us." he whispered. "Even he's dumb as shit." he smirked. I could feel his lips on my ear.
"We're going to observe this in real life as well." started the teacher.
"Aww yeah, field trip!" yelled Gerard.
"No, Gerard. We're going to have lab partners." said the teacher.
My eyes widened.
I'm either going to work with Bob. Slightly friendly, Bob. Or Gerard. Scary, menacing Gerard. Gerard who probably has s knife in his pocket.

"Gerard, you're with Katherine." Deadpanned the teacher. Great.