Chapter 19

4 Weeks Later

Jayla POV

***

I was Discharged from the Hospital 2 weeks Ago, and Every since then, I Haven't had any Encounters. Mama M Let Me Go To Public School, But She Made Sure that Tator and Ayo Watched me 24/7.

I wasn't Allowed to Be Home Alone or Anything, Which I'm 100℅ OK with.

I Bit Into My Apple While Scrolling Through my Iphone on Instagram. I was Waiting On The Boys To come downstairs So We could go to school. I really Don't care but Fr They Need to come On.

I think Lucas Has Stopped Harassing Me Because I Haven't Seen him Or anybody else suspicious for that matter. It's been a Whole Month seen I've Seen Him and He Looks The Exact Same from 2 years ago. I regret Every single Day of Knowing Him, Feeding Into His Lies, Trailing Behind him Lovesick. Then What ? He-

"Jaybae, Leggo", Ayo Said coming Down the stairs and Straight to the door, Passing me. Tator came down after him and Glanced at me.

"Jayla, What's Wrong ?", He asked Softly, Rubbing His Thumbs Under my Eyes.

I didn't even know I was Crying.

"N-" I Cleared my Throat, Mentally telling myself to Get together."Nothing Mateo."

"Jayl-"

"Really, It's Nothing.", I smiled Weakly, then Followed Ayo out The Door and down the Sidewalk, On the way to school. It was only a 20 minute walk, And Mom leaves at 5am for Her Job as CEO at A Major Record Company.

It was Silent, As Noone Talked. My Eyes Were Glued to the Sidewalk, Head Down, With My Earbuds In. I hummed the song to Motivation by Kelly Rowland, And It Made Me Think About Sum Things 🤔

Just As I was About to Start My Mental Rant, I noticed The Boys Weren't Behind Me Anymore. I Turned Around, Seeing Ayo Talking To Someone In a Truck. Teo Was Standing On the Sidewalk, Waiting On Ayleo, But Still Watching Me at the Same Time. Ayleo glanced my Way, Then Continued his Conversation.

I pulled Out my Earbuds, Then Looked Through the Car Window at who he was talking to.

It was Joseph.

Joseph Smiled and Waved at Me, Then Waved me Over towards them. I smiled and Shook my head before walking Over to Them. Teo Stared a Hole At the Side Of my Head, While I Walked Towards the Truck. When I glanced at him, He Looked Away, Pulling His Mask Over His Mouth.

When I got to The Truck, Joseph Smiled at Me, And The Guy In the Driver Seat Waved.

"Hey Jaylaaaa.", He Sung Off-Key.

I laughed and Looked at Ayleo, Who Was Talking to the Driver On the Other Side Of the Truck.

"Hey Joseph", I said Looking At him.

"You can Call Me Josiah", He Smirked. "Or Mom 😏."

I Looked At him BeFiddled before Bursting Out Laughing With Him.

"You Do the Most, Josiah !!"

He Laughed Wiping His Eyes.

"This Is My Sister, Deejay", He Said Nodded towards the Girl In the Drivers Seat. She Smiled at me Before Talking Back To Ayleo. It Was Obvious they Were Flirting and I'm Impressed Wit Him. My bro Deserves Someone After His Ex KeNya Broke His Heart, And Her Sister Amyah, Made her Try to Pull a Baby Scam On Him.

"Y'all Need a Ride ?"

I Looked Back At Teo, Who Was Dancing To A Song with His Earbuds, Then Nodded.

"Yea...that would be Great."

When we got to school, We All Went to our First Period. Mines was Gym, Ayo's Was Science, And Tator's Was English.

I walked down to the Girls Locker room. It was Empty so I took a Quick Pic (MM), then Pulled Off My Pants and pulled On my Nike Basketball Shorts, Then Pulled Off My Uniform Shirt, Showing Only My Black Nike Sports Bra, And Put On my Tank Top.

A Girl Walked In And Sat her Backpack Down, And Grabbed Her Gym Clothes, Then Started Undressing. I Gathered Up My Uniform Clothes and Put them In a Stack by My Bookbag. I started walking Out the Door.

"Hey."

I Turned Around, then Pulled Up my Eyebrows, Showing She had my Attention.

"Um, I'm New Here, I was Wondering if you could Show me Around Later...you look like Cool People."

"Sure, No Problem"

She Nodded as I headed out the door, then stopped.

"What's your Name ?"

"Tasia Coly"

"Im Jayla Brooks...Nice to Meet You."

"I can tell were Gonna be Great Friends", She Smiled.

***
Comment "🐸☕" if You Picked up on that Tea from Just Now

✌✌✌