Chapter 117

"Prank. Prank. Prank. PRANK? At a time like this?" Lylie processed hurriedly as she paced around the common room.

"To ease the tension." Fred and George stated in unison.

"No. You do it." Lylie plopped down with an exhilarating sigh on the sofa.

Fred turned to George, communicating something telepathically. He then marched over to Lylie and sat down beside her, throwing his arm around her shoulders.

"No." Lylie protested.

"Lylie. Love. Lylie." Fred beamed with never-ending enthusiasm. Lylie merely lowered her eyebrows and stared without emotion.

Fred leaned his head on her shoulder. Lylie continued to decline their preposition, "It's too crazy to pull a prank. The student body is already shaken up, and we don't need your sneakiness to watch out for on top of that."

Fred squeezed Lylie's shoulders tighter, more lovingly, "Well, that's another reason to do it. Because they won't expect it."

She stood up, her eyebrows knitted together. "Stop it. I'm not doing it."

Fred looked to George, who was still standing, stiff as a board with his arms crossed, yet amused. George shrugged, then stated, "Well, she doesn't want to, come on, Fred."

Fred cocked his head to the side, confused. Suddenly, something clicked and he stood up abruptly, "Right you are George. We'll just ask Addison and we'll do it as a threesome." He paused, "Without Lylie."

Lylie resumed to her spot on the sofa, she smiled, "Fine. Have fun."

Fred spun on his heel to eye George. They muttered to each other, then they each nodded respectively. George stalked out of the room, while Fred stayed, grinning down at Lylie and her stubborn expression.

"What?" Lylie merely asked calmly.

Fred dropped down beside Lylie, he sighed, "Please."

"Oh my gosh." Lylie stood up and glared down at Fred.

"Please." Fred tried again, more pleadingly this time.

"Only to make you shut your mouth." She finally accepted.

Fred jumped up, "Really?" He bounced.

"Yeah, you'll end up doing it without me if I didn't agree." Lylie shrugged, still not fully onboard. Fred ran forward with glee, gave her a quick kiss, then bolted up the stairs to the boys' dormitories. All the while, he shouted, "George! George! You'll never believe it!"

*

The night of the prank, the foursome crept out of the dormitories and into the corridor. Fred and George led the way, while George was holding their secret weapon.

"What IS that ball you're holding?" Lylie questioned, staring curiously at the object in George's hand.

"The prank." Fred vaguely responded.

"But what - " Lylie continued to whisper-yell, but George cut her off, "A purple bomb."

Fred proceeded to explain, "We're tossing it in Snape's office."

George finished the sentence, "It only blows up when it senses motion."

Fred added, "In this case, when Snape walks in tomorrow morning." The two smiled mischievously.

Addison chuckled at the twins' childish grins. The four students approached Snape's office, right beside the Potions classroom.

Fred muttered, "Alohomora." Instantly, the lock turned and the door creaked open.

"I forgot about such simple spells." Lylie whispered, reflecting on spells she has previously used.

"Come ON." George waved Lylie inside, as she was standing outside the office.

"Now, as soon as we throw this," Fred began, then George joined in for the ending, "we get out before it senses us."

Addison and Lylie nodded. "We need you two to close the door afterward, so wait right here." George took Lylie and Addison's shoulders and directed them to the doorway.

The twins turned to each other and beamed excitedly. "Ready Fred."

"Ready George." They both nodded simultaneously, then Fred tossed the bomb onto the ground. He ushered George out quickly, tripping over their own feet, then shut the door.

Fred smiled, "Right then! Where are the girls?"

Suddenly, they heard banging from inside the office door.

"Oh my god." Fred and George exclaimed with baffled expressions. All of a sudden, they heard a loud puff of exploding smoke, and two frantic, high-pitched screams.

"Open the door!" Fred and George both yelled at each other in unison, before launching themselves forward to try and pull it open.

"It - it's not working!" The muffled voices of the girls slipped out from under the door. They pounded on the door violently. Addison screamed, "It's too smokey in here! My eyes are burning up!" Lylie pleaded, "Help us!"

"It's not opening - " The twins wrestled with the door handle. George yelled from outside, "We're trying!" They rattled the door knob intensely, each wearing panicked expressions.

Instantly, a crowd of professors came running into the corridor from around the corner. Professor Snape hollered, "Get back, Weasley!"

Fred and George turned to yell, "Which one?"

Snape sneered, "Both of you!"

McGonagall put her hand out in front of the professors who inched forward with their wands at the ready. Dumbledore stepped forward to stand by Snape, his wand at the ready as well.

Fred and George pressed themselves up against the wall, watching in fear. Snape blew the door off its hinges with one simple flick of his wand. The door fell with a loud thump on the floor, and the professors rushed forward to help the girls.

Addison and Lylie stepped out, with the help of some nearby professors, completely covered in purple dust. Their hair was a light, chalky mauve and their jumpers were dyed dark purple. Their faces had a thin layer of purple spread across, and their lips seemed as if they were wearing purple lipstick.

Both with angered expressions, the girls marched over to the twins, who were now merely staring with shocked expressions. And as if it were previously planned, both Addison and Lylie stepped forward and simultaneously smacked their twin right across the face.