Chapter 90

"Let's just recap," Lylie placed her hands firmly on the table in the Great Hall the next morning, "you didn't do anything?!"

Fred and George fist bumped before Fred concluded, "Nothing at all."

Addison sat down, entering the conversation, "What's nothing at all?"

Lylie threw her hands in the air, "I almost peed my pants for nothing!"

Addison raised a questioning eyebrow, "What ..."

George explained, "During April Fools, Fred and I did nothing."

"No, you didn't." Addison argued as she helped herself to cheese pasta.

"We did nothing." Fred countered.

"But," Addison was frazzled, "YOU DID."

Lylie shook her head in disbelief, "I can't believe it either."

Fred smiled, "Most wicked prank ever. We acted like we did something huge, but really we've done nothing at all. It had everyone on their toes, didn't it?"

Addison breathed heavily, trying to take it in, "I almost went to the bathroom in my tights."

Fred and George shared a snicker.

"You guys are," Lylie took a big breath, "insane."

*

Lylie and Addison walked to chess together. Addison was shaking her head, "They had the whole school on edge. People weren't SLEEPING, because of ANXIETY!"

"I know." Lylie pursed her lips.

"The worst part is," Addison went on, "they acted so SUSPICIOUS and MISCHIEVOUS, purposely scaring everyone half to death!"

Lylie stated, "You seem very bothered by this."

"Aren't you?" Addison was exasperated.

"Not really. It's over now. And, honestly, they were pretty smart to think of that."

Addison rolled her eyes, "Oh, hush you! You think everything Fred does is spectacular."

Lylie defended herself, "No, I don't! Remember when Fred and George wanted to mail that prank letter to a random address saying they won a trip - or money or something? I did NOT think that was spectacular."

"But," Addison's finger was in the air, "you went through with it, didn't you?"

Lylie spat, "So did you!"

"But, we're talking about YOU right now, Lylie." Addison sighed, annoyed.

"You know what, let's forget about it, it's over." Lylie discreetly ended their fight, knowing it would have turned into a battle.