Chapter 77

A few weeks later, during the last week of November ...

"The Winter exams are coming up. Have you been studying?" Lylie pestered her friends at lunch on the weekend.

Suddenly, everyone pretended to occupy themselves with the first thing they saw.

Lylie asked Addison who was toying with a chicken wing, "Have you been studying, Addison?"

Addison looked up from her very 'interesting' chicken wing. She replied, "Sorry, I'm a bit busy at the moment."

Lylie questioned Aria who was separating her corn from her noodles, "Have YOU been studying?"

Aria glanced up from separating her corn and noodles, "I can't be bothered right now."

Lylie rolled her eyes and was about to give up, until she got a bright idea, "Does anyone want to study with me after pudding?"

Fred raised his hand, as well as George. Fred mumbled, "I need someone smart to help me understand the part where - well, actually, to help me understand EVERYTHING."

"Have you not been listening during your lessons, Frederick?" Lylie scolded.

"I have ..." Fred busied himself with folding his napkin elegantly.

George simply nodded his head enthusiastically.

Fred changed the subject, "Did you hear that McGonagall went ballistic after figuring out that the wands were fake in Defense Against the Dark Arts a couple weeks ago? Still doesn't know it was us though, quite dumb actually, that she didn't realize that it wasn't the BEST pranksters in the entire school."

"Oh, Fred," Lylie sighed, "Always finding a way to turn a situation into something that has to do with you."

*

"So, uh - uhmn ... You didn't happen to POSSIBLY, MAYBE, HOPEFULLY ... take notes in Charms?" George slowly began his bribe to Lylie.

"I did ... Didn't you take notes during the lesson?"

"Of course ... I was just wondering if you did ... and if I could possibly take a look at them ... for one minute ... or one hour ... whatever works for you ..." George looked to the ceiling of the library.

Fred snorted at George's words.

Lylie groaned, "What were you doing during the ENTIRE class?"

George pouted, "Getting. Stuff. Done."

"Like what?" Lylie smirked.

"You know .... work ... 'travail' as they in France ..." George chuckled lightly, more to himself.

"Uh-huh." Lylie crossed her arms over her chest.

George gave up, "Just .... GIVE ME YOUR NOTES, OKAY?"

The librarian poked her head around the corner, "Sshhh!"

*

"Bye, guys," George waved to his brother and Lylie as he left the library to meet someone.

"It's just us now." Lylie smiled kindly, she then put her Charms books away and pulled out her Herbology notes and textbook.

"Yeah." Fred merely replied and gathered his notes sprawled across the table in the library. He too, then took out his Herbology worksheets and documents.

"So, see here," Lylie began explaining a procedure to Fred, while pointing at a passage in her textbook.

She could sense Fred nodding his head, even though she couldn't see him, as she was referring to a photo in her book.

"But, I'm not sure how this," Fred motioned to a diagram on his worksheet, "is connected to that."

"It's because they have similar cells that function the same way. See here." Lylie gestured to a small sketch she made to help herself out.

Fred's eyes widened as he examined her sketch, "Oh! I ACTUALLY understand!"

"Good for you, Fred." Lylie laughed as she began packing up her Herbology things.

"Thank you." Fred bowed with a smirk.

"Well," Lylie closed her book bag, "see you soon." She stood up and slung her bag around her body.

Fred stood up as well, also with his bag slung over him.

The two stood there for a split second, just looking at each other.

Lylie broke the trance, "See you."