Chapter 67

The group of Quidditch players strode down the corridor, wearing their long red robes. Harry walked up front beside Oliver Wood, and Fred, George and the rest of the team trailed behind them.

"I spent the summer devising a whole new Quidditch program," Oliver explained mostly to Harry, but also the to the team, "we're gonna train earlier, harder and longer." The players rounded a corner, only to see the Slytherin team standing on the field.

Olivier muttered, "What?" His eyebrows knitted together as he and his team sauntered onto the field.

"I don't believe it." Oliver spat as he shook his head from side to side. "Where d'you think you're goin', Flint?"

All tall, slim boy with crooked teeth snapped, "Quidditch practice."

"I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today." Oliver calmly explained.

"Easy, Wood, I got a note." The boy thrust a small piece of paper at Oliver.

Oliver flattened the note in his palm and read aloud, "I, Professor Severus Snape," George leaned into Oliver to read the note as well, "hearby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, going to the need to train their new seeker."

Oliver looked up at Flint, he questioned, "You've got a new seeker, who?"

The team members smirked and backed away from their space, only to reveal Draco Malfoy standing behind them with a mischievous grin.

Harry took a step closer, "Malfoy?"

"That's right," Malfoy smiled evilly, "that's not all that's new this year."

Fred noticed Hermione and Ron standing near the Slytherins. The two slowly titled their heads down, examining the players. The rest of the Gryfindor team did the same.

"Those are Nimbus Two Thousand and 1s, how'd you get those?" Ron exclaimed, shocked. All the Gryffindor players were awestruck, staring at the Slytherin's new brooms.

"A gift, from Draco's father." Flint chuckled happily.

"You see, Weasley, unlike some, my father can AFFORD the best." Draco smiled smugly.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to BUY their way in. They got it on pure talent." Hermione defended Ron as well as the Gryffindor players.

Draco took a large step forward, narrowing his eyes at Hermione. He interjected, "No one asked your opinion, you filthy little mudblood."

The big crowd of students silently gasped.

"You'll pay for that one, Malfoy." Ron's fury bubbled inside of him. He whipped out his wand and vociferated, "Eat slugs!" Ron flicked his wand, but instead of firing the magic at Draco, it reflexes onto him instead, and Ron jinxed himself. He went flying backward, landing on his behind.

George clapped his hand over his mouth and broke out into a run, along with Fred and the rest of the horrified Gryffindor team.

They all gathered around Ron's limp body, Hermione was flabbergasted, "You okay, Ron?" The inside of Ron's cheeks filled with slimy slugs, he struggled to hold them in.

Ron sat up, as Hermione urged, "Say something." Almost instantly, Ron threw up a slippery slug along with some saliva onto the grass.

The team erupted into cries of disgust. Fred and George stood right over their little brother, revolted at what they were watching.

The two suddenly felt a shove from behind them, and a small first year pushed in front of them. He snapped a photo of the scene and exclaimed excitedly, "Wow! Can you turn him around, Harry?"

Harry shouted, annoyed, "No, Collin, get out of the way!" Hermione and Harry hoisted Ron off the ground and wrapped each of his arms around their shoulders. Fred and George quickly backed up, as did the rest of the team.

Harry declared, "We'll take him to Hagrid's. He'll know what to do." The two hurried away while Ron was trying to run with them, but he was bent forward, trying to keep up.

The Slytherin players laughed hysterically as they watched the trio head off the field.

"How repulsive was that?" Fred demanded of George.

"On a scale from 1 to 10?" George verified.

Fred nodded.

George stroked an invisible beard, "Let's see ... 89."

"Good call."

Lylie came racing toward the twins, "Hi guys." She was out of breath.

"Hey, did you see that?" Fred asked.

"Who didn't?" Lylie joked. She continued, "Nasty. So sickening. I was sitting in the stands. Thought I was going to watch you practice, but looks like the Slytherin's have taken over."

The three turned their heads to see the Slytherin team soaring in the air on their brooms, currently practicing.

Fred sighed, "Yeah." They watched the last of the Gryffindor players head back inside.

"It's not fair, what they did." Lylie protested.

George shrugged.

"It's just not. Oliver scheduled THIS time slot for you guys." Lylie proceeded to rant.

Fred shrugged.

"How cruel. They could've practiced RIGHT after you guys." Lylie folded her arms, crossly.

The twins shrugged at the same time.

Lylie decided with a scowl, "I'm gonna let them have it."

Fred and George grabbed both her arms as she began to march onto the field.

Fred instructed, "Let's not make a scene!"

Lylie countered, "OH, I WILL."

George opposed, "NO, you're not."

Lylie squirmed out of their hold, "Fine. But I'm not going inside because you said, but because I WANT to."

Fred chuckled, "If you say so."

A/N: This was SO much fun to write! (Except for Draco's comment about Hermione ... ☹️) Please vote and comment! :)