Chapter 41

Lylie was reading in her room when the doorbell rang. Lylie jumped up and shouted, "THAT'S FOR ME! IT'S FRED! EVERYONE BACK AWAY FROM THE FRONT ENTRANCE!"

Lylie plummeted down the stairs and almost tripped over her own two feet, getting to the door, Lylie fluffed her hair and took a deep breath.

She pulled the door open, "Hi Fred."

Fred merely smirked, "Your walls aren't sound-proof you know."

Lylie's eyes widened and she laughed uneasily, "Oh, well, uh - thank you, yes, because, I - I know." Lylie drummed her fingers on the door.

Mrs. Weasley slapped Fred's arm and scolded him, "Don't embarrass the poor girl."

Fred shrugged, "It's in my nature."

Mrs. Weasley sighed annoyingly but turned happily to Lylie and grinned, "I'll pick him up at 7."

"Great, thank you, I mean, no problem, just, uh - see you then." Lylie shut the door as Mrs. Weasley turned to leave.

Fred stood joyfully beside Lylie, his shoes were already off, his knitted socks had the letter F stitched on each of them.

"Okay, let me show you around." Lylie pushed Fred forward, out of the front entrance.

"Nice." Fred nodded after Lylie showed him the kitchen.

"Nice." Fred nodded after Lylie showed him the living room.

"Nice." Fred nodded after Lylie showed him the dining room.

"Nice." Fred nodded after Lylie showed him the bathroom.

"Nice." Fred nodded after he and Lylie reached the top of the staircase.

Lylie pushed the door open to her room and the two stepped inside, Fred nodded, "It smells nice in here."

"Finally something other than," Lylie put on a low, raspy voice to mock Fred, "Nice."

Fred protested, "I do not sound like that!"

Lylie rolled her eyes and sat down on her bed. She caught a whiff of the air, she smelt something nice, like ... cologne. It was actually quite delightful, Lylie knew she didn't own cologne, as she only had a few bottles of perfume, she figured it must be Fred. She smirked and decided she wasn't going to point it out, incase Fred wanted it to be discrete. Then again, his remark in the front entrance was annoying, so she came to a conclusion that he deserved what he was going to receive.

"Fred, are you wearing ... cologne?"

He turned around from examining some sketches Lylie had left on her desk, he paused and replied, "Yes, I am. Thank you for noticing."

Lylie's eyebrows knitted together, she needed to get him back for his remark. At that moment, Lylie made a pact to herself, she had to get him for that.