Why was this happening to me? Since when did I crave his attention?

At least a 'goodnight' would've been nice...

I tried to think of anything else as I opened the door and took a step inside; my heart throbbing and my eyes weary. The scent of him sent a shudder down my spine; leaving me needy.

Suddenly, Thanatos' hand was on the door pulling it shut and his lips were whispering huskily into my ear, sending shivers down my arms; "Sleep with me tonight."

A deep thrill shot through my tired body and as I looked up at him; his red eyes were serious and bathed in the fiery hue of the hanging torches. It was late and everyone was asleep. I gulped; "What about-"

"All the servants are off-duty until the morning." He quickly said. I could tell he was impatient. I bit my lip and nodded impulsively- not giving my head the chance to think rationally before I sealed my faith. Saying 'yes' to Death should never be this easy.

But I too was feeling impatient- I wanted to be with him.

These last couple of days were horrible. The way he had to treat me like one of his girls- meaningless. I despised it. I wanted more. And then, last night, when we'd spent most of the early morning together, the empty feeling has dissolved into mist. I craved it over and over.

Thanatos grabbed my hand and led me towards his room, his feet moving with purpose. A knot formed in my stomach as we stepped inside the dimly lit chamber.

What am I doing?

We walked through his foyer and into his bedroom; a thrill of excitement raced inside of me as my feet stepped over the threshold. He turned around to close the double doors, and with a click, he locked them.

My heart sped up, the adrenaline from earlier rushing back in waves.

I slowly moved towards his bed, the mere image of it making me sweat. The only light came from the flames dancing in the fireplace. It bathed the room in a dreamy and warm glow, which calmed my growing nerves, but only slightly, seeing as they couldn't nearly match the fire burning in his eyes. Fresh air blew in from the open sliding door; the curtains blowing softly in the breeze. A bit of moonlight streamed in along with the smell of spring.

A thought sprung up; "Oh." I moved to the doors; "I have nothing to sleep in..."

Thanatos stepped in front of me to block my escape and gently turned me around. "You can wear something of mine." He led me back to his bed.

I hesitated, but decided not to resist. If anyone caught me sneaking out or back into his room, I wouldn't know how to explain it. We were already threading a thin line...

I suppose, if I really begged him to open a portal to my chamber and allow me to grab a nightdress, he would do it, but the thought of sleeping in something doused in his addictive scent caused me to not voice that suggestion.

Thanatos moved towards his dresser and pulled out a black shirt. He handed it to me; "Here. The bathroom is through that door."

He pointed to a dark wooden door to the side. I nodded and walked towards it, ignoring the way his gaze lingered hotly on my neck. I stepped through and quickly closed the door; my breathing struggling to regulate itself. I was momentarily distracted by the large bathtub in the centre of the room. Unlike the rest of his chamber, the bathroom was fairly light and not as darkly shaded with the massive shower taking up the entire adjacent wall and a sauna like mine in the corner.

My thoughts suddenly ran to Thanatos in the sauna- dripping with sweat, hot and naked...

Um... What was I supposed to be doing?