The Shadowed Kingdom

For a while Faith, Danny and Talon remained at the apple fields, they set camp and rested. For the past few days, they've all been nervous. For who knew what fate awaited them, beyond Ciara's kingdom.

Finally, after a few days rest, Faith decided to encourage them to press on.

"Come on, we've waited long enough, today we go."

"And what of tomorrow?" Asked Talon.

"Tomorrow will be just another day, only different somehow, because we will be free." Replied Faith, although she sounded brave, on the inside, she was very fearful of what may happen.

"Then let's go kill us a sorcerer!" Cheered Danny standing up, his heart strong.

Talon, after a few days of rest after his poison dose, he is much stronger than he once was. The three packed their things and traveled across the apple field to where their senses took them.

The conversation was kept to a minimum once again, because no one saw the reason for chat. All of them were too nervous, all of them were too afraid, of what they may overcome. After a moment though, Faith decided to bring up a speech.

"It feels like I just turned sixteen yesterday. Four and a half years sure goes by quickly. I was expected so much more. Although...back then I wasn't too big on crowds and parties. Now I wish I was there, where did those soldiers even come from?"

"Mother said they were part of the law and order of the land and that they'd come to take someone. She wasn't sure who it was, until we all heard the name." Said Danny.

"I was on a farm, working hard hours to get some descent pay for my family, when the soldiers you just described came to my village as well. Looking for me." Said Talon.

This seemed so confusing. Why would the same soldiers come to look for Faith and Talon, but no one else? Were they prisoners? Or were they going to be executed...

"I'm just as confused as you are." Said Faith.

In their small conversation, the group soon began to walk through a gloomy graveyard, ancient stone graves and statues were cracked or broken, most of the names on the graves had crumbled away. Faith swore she heard faint howling, like that of the wind, or a dog. But no wind stirred and no movement spread, it was just them.

"We are close I can feel it, be on guard," said Faith unsheathing her sword and readying her magic.

"There's no going back now," mumbled Talon as a giant shadowed kingdom rose from the mist, its great towers were sharp and thin and near the very top was long hall, tiny specks of light coming from its windows. 

They all stared at the nightmare in horror. But nothing would stop them, not Ciara or Talon and Faith's curse, they want answers and they'll stop at nothing to get what they want.