Chapter 9: Gone Fishing

Start from the beginning

We decided to walk today instead of taking the truck. Logan was pretty conscious about using too much money, and that included gas.

I wasn't too worried but I let him use whatever saving methods he had. The more money we kept, the more we could do.

I set back an extra thousand to get us back across the states when we were done with the other ten destinations.

The sun was high and there weren't many clouds blocking the sky. It was faintly warm and peaceful.

The town was bustling, but it was nothing like the city.

We got to the docks and the smell of salty air and fish hit me. It was wonderful actually.

There was a little market down around the docks and we wandered through to get the marina.

"Fresh fish!" A man cried, shoving a large, still flopping fish, near my face.

"Oh!" I jumped and stumbled into Logan.

"No thanks man, we're going to go catch our own," he chuckled and led me away.

"That was rude, he nearly hit me with that fish," I grumbled, holding onto Logans arm incase anyone else decided to pull a stunt like that.

"He's just trying to sell his catch. Everyone here is," Logan said.

I looked around to see people everywhere, loudly bartering and haggling for fresh fish.

"Hmm," I hummed.

We left the market and came to the marina. Large fishing boats were docked everywhere. A rusty looking boat house was on the other side of the docks.

Logan pushed the door open and a bell jingled, "Hello?"

This place reeked of fish, worse than the market.

" 'Allo there!" A older man shambled out from a back room and sat at a counter.

"Hi," I smiled. He really looked like an old boating captain, with his scruffy beard, fishing hat and waders on.

"We're looking to rent a boat and some poles for a couple hours," Logan leaned against the counter.

I turned around and looked about the place. It was decked out in seaside decor. Fishing nets hanging for the ceiling, old 'legendary' fishing poles tacked to the walls with their owners in black and white pictures and tons of stuffed fish hanging up.

I was startled to see an enormous marlin not five feet away from me.

"Gonna getcha one of those, little lady?" The man snickered, pointing to the marlin.

I shook my head, "It'll drag me right off of the boat."

He laughed croakily and shoved a paper into Logan's hand, "Greta will take ya out as far as ya want. See red flags, come on back or the sea'll take ya fer her own."

Greta?

I paid for the boating rental while Logan grabbed some poles and a jar of 'bait.'