Chapter 28 Wake Up We Have A Mission

Start from the beginning

It was dark out still when we arrived there hiding behind a stinky dumpster. Diana and I ran off up the street to another hiding spot that had a much better view up on top of one of the local businesses so we could look down upon the streets. We watched Bavo Icka and Lady Gaia vanish then reappear a block away on top of another building spread out to three corners each checking down for any disturbances. Down below us I could hear the sound of footsteps coming. Multiple footsteps. There was a large gang of angry humans carrying all kinds of weapons in their hands, and yelling as they marched from the rear of the alley toward the center of town where we were waiting. I mind-called over to Bavo, Icka and Lady Gaia to inform them what was heading our way. 'Heads up angry mob heading this way from alley just to my right,'

We watched carefully looking over the edge of the buildings ledge, we were on a flat roofed building in the center of town—it was an old hardware story long since closed—the rooftop was missing boards here and there, and creaked when we walked upon it and was threating to cave in if we were not careful. The closer they mob got to our position the better we heard they gibberish. They were talking about the kill they just finished doing tonight out by the old sawmill at the river, calling it some wolf/man creature. They were all arguing over who actually saw it as the wolf no one could say they actually did, the noise level kept growing the closer they got to us.

'Mother, that is horrible what they did' 'I know, honey that is why we are here these humans are just scared of us, Supernaturals, that is the only problem they are scared. We have to either teach the Supers in this area to stay better hidden or wipe the memories of humans like these that they never saw a Supernatural.' I explained. 'Why can't they just get along like we do?' 'Well, honey that is a very good question. Humans are afraid of anything that is different than they are, so, naturally they tend to kill it than to try to coexist with it, this is the way it had always been since the days when our people created them for food in the first place.' Oh Goddess this is getting way too deep. 'I still don't understand, mother?' 'I know, honey I know. When we get back home I will show you a book that will better explain it to you. Okay?' 'Alright, mother.'

'Bavo, a heads up, they supposedly killed a werewolf out by the sawmill over by the river you three want to go check it out while we keep track of them?' I sent. 'Sounds like a plan. Will let you know what we find. Call if you need us, Valia.' They sent back. We looked over to where they were standing seeing them group together and vanish off the top of the building. Down below us I hear the group start to move to the front of the building we were up on, they are now almost to the main street. I can hear what sounds like their leader telling them something about 'same time same place tomorrow night' watching them all split up we sit and wait for the one that sounded like the leader start to head off, and we both went invisible. I take Diana's hand, and very slowly flash up behind this leaded till she is far enough up the street in a deserted area of the street, then grab her and take her down. “Hey! Help, help!” She screams out before I cover her mouth up with my hand. I look around to make sure she didn't alert anyone to our presence.

“Quiet down. We just want to talk to you. If you promos not to scream I will remove my hand from your mouth, can you do that for me?” I ask, she nods her head with my hand covering her face and mouth. I slowly remove my hand, and just as it is far enough away for her to draw a breath of air into her lungs she bellows out again.

“HELP!” I slap my hand back over her face and mouth, hard enough so she feels it. Then with Diana holding onto me I flash us out to the sawmill where I sense Bavo and the rest are at. I release my hand from her face and mouth, but continue to hold onto her waist tightly. “HELP ME! HELPPPP!” She screams at the top of her lungs. I back hand her once to silence her finally knocking her out for a short time. Damn! She was so annoying. I am not a normally a physical person, but she was getting on my last nerve.