Caring Coyotes...

When Eclipse arrived back after his patrol he was frantic to tell Luna what he had found. He told her he had found a coyote den and he told her he had found Moondancer in their den.
Eclipse said they were raising Moondancer as one of their own and that means Moondancer must have walked out of the den and they picked him up. He told Luna about the dens location and told her that there were lots of coyotes guarding it. However it would be possible for Eclipse to slip past them and grab Moondancer, then bring him back to the den. Luna agreed on this idea but was a bit unsure whether she wanted to stay at the den. Eclipse said the other pups would be safer if she stayed, so this tempted Luna enough to stay at the den.
The stage was set but now Eclipse had to go and rescue the pup and this would be very risky but he would do it anyway since he loved his pups with his whole heart.
Eclipse began running down the path he had taken when he found Moondancer and after a long treck he arrived at the coyote den...he could just about see the coyotes protecting Moondancer in the heart of their den. Eclipse Howled in the distance. The coyotes went to investigate and luckily there were only 2 coyotes who hadn't gone to find what the howl was coming from. Eclipse walked he other direction around the den into the open and lunged at the first coyote, but the other one immediately pounced on Eclipse, clamping its jaw onto Eclipse's neck. Eclipse shook him off and sent a finishing bite down on the first coyote. Eclipse was hurt but still battled ferociously against the second one finally tacking it down, but not before it got a lock on Eclipse's leg. His leg was Brocken and he was badly bleeding on his neck. Ignoring that Eclipse carefully tiptoed into the heart of the den which was thankfully unguarded, and saw Moondancer asleep in a nest. He silently picked Moondancer up by the scruff of his neck and began his journey back to Luna. He had to make a few stops on the way for food or a rest. When he finally made it back to the den he dropped Moondancer into his nest with its sleeping siblings and Mum. He lay down next to Luna and finally after a hard day, Eclipse fell into a deep sleep.

 He lay down next to Luna and finally after a hard day, Eclipse fell into a deep sleep