The hunt for the herd

6 months later...

"Eclipse!" barked Luna, "I've got a scent..."she said. Luna tracked the scent whilst her mate Eclipse closely followed behind. Luna could sense the herd near their den, but she could also smell another wolf's scent and it was not Eclipse's.
Luna ignored it and put it down to a rogue passing through and continued tracking the elk herd.

"I only smell one??"questioned Luna.
"Then we'll just be killing the one" said Eclipse cheerily as can be. Luna followed Eclipse to the one lone elk and ran up behind attacking it. It was a bull elk with enormous horns bulging out from its head. Even though they had never attacked a bull elk before, they had a crack at it. The bull elk send one harsh kick backwards hitting Luna with such a force that she was flung into a tree. Eclipse abandoned the attack and ran over to Luna. The elk took this moment as a change to leg it out of there. He licked the blood off her back and nuzzled her for a response. She was badly injured but was still alive, Eclipse ran into the woods in search of help but didn't find any. He brought a rabbit back to Luna but he could see she was fading. He pawed at her helplessly.
Eclipse had lost all hope until he smelt the scent of another wolf, he ran along the trail of the scent markers until he came upon a male wolf with lots of battle scars.
He could tell this wolf was a rogue but still asked it for help healing Luna. He responded almost immediately and followed Eclipse to Luna's almost lifeless body.
And so began the medicine wolfs, healing ritual, this obviously made Eclipse realise the strange wolf was in fact a healing wolf and Eclipse's luck had allowed him to stumble upon him.
Eclipse watched as the healing wolf ran back and forth collecting herbs and grubs to help heal Luna and when he treated Luna's wounds, it was like life just returned to her.
When the healing wolf had finished he had a strange look on his face and told Eclipse something that he thought he had known for a while...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Luna was pregnant with Eclipse's pups and there were 4 of them. The healing wolf said they were only 4 months old so won't be arriving for another month. Eclipse was shocked, but not as shocked as he thought he would be. Eclipse thanked the healing wolf very much and asked his name. The wolf said his name was Sol. Eclipse was eternally grateful for Sol's help. It didn't even stop there, soo offered to stay until the pups were born to ensure a safe birth. Eclipse was very grateful for this as well. Eclipse showed Sol round the woods whilst Luna was at the den where Eclipse had carried her when she began healing.

 Eclipse showed Sol round the woods whilst Luna was at the den where Eclipse had carried her when she began healing