Chapter Eighteen

Rayan P.O.V

I walked across my campus to get to my next class. At the rate I was going, I was going to be late. I swear it's too cold for anyone to function is this weather.

I threw the hood of my hoodie over my head and stuffed my hands in my pants pockets. They should have cancelled all of the classes today.

"RAYAN!?!"

I stopped in my tracks and slowly turned around. I seen Professor Smith and forced a smile on my face. It is way too cold to stop people to talk.

"Hello Professor Smith" I smiled when she finally reached me. "Oh, and could you make it quick so I could get to class?" I asked trying not to sound to rude.

"Oh of course, I don't want to get you in trouble" she said with a sweet smile. "I was wondering if you and Jacob had started writing yet? I'm excited to see what you two come up with" she told me.

"Well..." I said rubbing my neck. "Jacob and I haven't exactly got to write anything, we've got to know each other a little better and plus we've had problems of our own to handle before we got to writing." I added.

"Ooooh I see" she nodded. "Well, I hope you two get to it, I'm really excited to see what magic you two make" she smiled.

At the rate we're going, we aren't going to get shit done.

"We're getting started really soon, thanks for the words of encouragement" I smiled back at her.  She nodded with a smile then started walking. I ran my hand down my face and groaned. 

Nothing is going to get done.

- - -

After all my classes were over I decided to make trip to Jacob's house. I hadn't seen him on campus at all today so I might as well go check on him.

I also hadn't seen G around but I already knew what was up. She had text me telling me she found Ty and how he was being irritating and ignoring her. To be honest, I had no clue what to do with their situation. I had thought that I should find a way to get them together to talk but the other half of me this is something they could work out on their own. They've been friends for the longest, I'm pretty sure they had arguments before. But hey, I don't know.

I walked up to Jacob's apartment door and it swung open right away. "Hey Ray" smiled Justin.

"Hey Justin" I smiled back. "Where you headed?" I asked.

"Uh..just heading out..to get something to eat..I should be back soon" he said. I had a feeling it something more than just "heading out for food".

"Mhmmm" I said nodding. "Jacob in there?" I asked.

"Yeeeeaaah, but he's pretty down" Justin mumbled.

Oh no..

"I'll talk to him" I told Justin. He patted me on back and smiled. "Thanks, I'll see y'all later" he said quickly then walked out the door. I watched Justin quickly run down the hallway then disappear. I looked into the apartment and seen Jacob with his ear buds in his head and writing in his notebook. Maybe he's found out something to write about?

I walked in and closed the door behind me. I made my way to the chair I always sit in and called out for Jacob. He slowly pulled them out and looked at me with dark eye. "Hey, haven't seen you in a minute" he said with a slight smile.

I nodded with a slight smile on my face. "Yeah, I've been pretty busy and I figure you have too" 

"Nah, not really"

"Oh really? Then what's this on your paper?" I asked.

"Oh a little preview of what I think we could write about" he said between grit teeth. I gave him a confused look and all he did was smile. "Let me read it for you" he says then clears his throat.

"Jackson Martinez is what you call a hopeless romantic. He looks for any girl that could possibly want him and what do you know! He finds one!" he started.

A smile formed on my face, we're getting somewhere.

"But this the ultimate twist happens! SHE'S A FUCKING SLUT"

Oh shit.

"He get's a call from his girlfriend who's has stomach problems, he figures 'hey! it's just a stomach flu' but it turns out the fucking bitch is carrying a devil child. He realizes all those times she said they couldn't meet up or go out because she was waaaaay too busy fucking someone else!" Jacob screams then throws his notebook across the room.

I look at Jacob's red face, burning with anger.

"Leigh-Anne is pregnant?" I asked, already knowing the question.

"Yeah" he sighed, throwing his head back. "I had I feeling she was pregant..I just didn't want to say it.." he said shaking his head.

"I'm sorry Jacob, I know you really liked her" I said shaking my head. "You ok?"

"At first I was furious..now I'm more sad" he said getting up from his couch. He began pacing back and forth and running his fingers through his hair. "I was a excellent boyfriend! I gave her gifts, I talked to her when she was done, I took her out to eat, I tried to do almost everything I could do to make her happy...and what does she do? Cheat on me" he said.

"Jacob, you didn't deserve her" I blurted out. I covered my mouth as my eyes got wide. I didn't want to say that.

He looked back at me with squinted eyes. I might as well finish talking...

"I seen the way she's acted toward you...she was a terrible girl" I said, leaning back into the chair. "Remember that time I ran into you with my bike? How she just left you standing there? I mean yeah, you could have ran by yourself but she was already holding you hand..why couldn't she pulled you out the way?" I asked.

He looked down and scratched his head.

"Or remember that time we fought? All she did was pull out her cellphone and record us..a real girlfriend would have told you it's not worth it or don't do it or something in that nature" I added.

I even retold him the stories Ty told me about how crappy Leigh-Anne was toward him. By this point Jacob was almost in tears. I think he finally realized she was a crappy boyfriend.

"I had to say it Jay..she was a bitch that didn't deserve you" I told him as I took a seat next to him. He looked at me with glassy eyes. "Why didn't I brake-up with her before she ended up hurting me...even more?" he asked.

"Like you said...you were a hopeless romantic." I responded. "You were just glad you had a girlfriend"

I  shook his head and laughed. "I'm so stupid" he said, cleaning his face. "I'm sorry I'm crying..I'm just..yeah" he said still laughing.

"It's alright." I smiled. Jacob finally finished cleaning his face then looked back at me. I looked back him and rubbed my neck. You could feel the awkwardness in the room.

"Hey guys!" 

I turned my head and Jacob look passed me. Thank the lord for letting Justin come when he did.

"Where you been?" Jacob asked getting up from the couch and walking over to the bags Justin brought into the house. "You smell like perfume" I said scrunching my face up as I came over to them. "Been to a girl house?" I asked, nudging him.

"You could say I was" he smirked. 

Jacob dropped the box of crackers in his hand and looked over at Justin. "You weren't...." he said with his eye twitching.

A neverous smile came apond Justin's face as he clapped his hands together. "Jacob, we're taking a visit to Mom's this weekend!"

- - -

Uh-oh! You guys know how Jacob feels about his mom...