[ About This Book ]

Hey folks!

I'm Valerie Lakehart, a.k.a counting_shades! I'm glad you took enough interest in this story to actually endure the strenuous effort of clicking on it. If you've read this far, I'd like you to know that you're doing great ;)

Anyway, this book might be a little nuts for anyone who hates love, romance, bad boys, suspenseful back stories, redemption, or Disney movies, so if you strongly dislike all of the above, I would advise that you set this book down and pick up Harry Potter or something (unless, of course, you hate that too). But if you do like those things, then this book might just be the book for you!

I'll warn you that a few parts might be more geared toward mature audiences, so if you don't like reading about toe-curling kisses, then I'm sure that there's a few books out there that don't mention any of that.

I'd also like to release a couple disclaimers. Firstly, the prologue is most likely one of the largest chapters of the book, so don't get discouraged if you get that far and decide you've had enough of my distasteful writing. Secondly (and more importantly), this book deals with some serious topics. There are some pretty vivid references to abuse and sexual trauma. Please read carefully. I have put trigger warnings at the top of any chapters that go into detail about these issues. Remember to take care of yourself, everyone. Skip scenes and/or chapters if necessary. It's really important to me to make sure that you are all okay, and if there are changes that you feel should be made, feel free to contact me through comments or direct messages.  

All in all, I won't get offended if this book is not your "cup of tea," but if it is your "cup of tea," then it would be FABULOUS if you could vote and comment (unless, of course, you hate tea). I LOVE getting comments and votes, because for a writer, it's great to be encouraged. Even if you'd like to comment on things I could do better, it would be super duper appreciated! All messages are welcome!

So, assuming that I haven't bored you already, I hope you can find some pleasure in reading this book! My goal is to be producing chapters every few days, but again, comments and votes motivate me to write faster and better, so if you like it, let me know!

Yours truly and forever,

© Copyright by Valerie Lakehart, 2017