Chapter 27 The Fifth Element Has New Clothes

Start from the beginning

I am going to have a word with my grandmother very soon about her uniform gown though. We all have matching gowns the three of us girls my daughter should be no different than us if she is a part of the team. It was bad enough that they made me a special gown to wear just for the special occasions they are making me attend. She can wear that gown to them, but if we are all in military dress code she will be also. That is my rules whether the Queen likes it or not.

I meet Wilda in passing and stop her for a brief moment to talk. “Wilda, A moment please? I have a special request for you if you please? I need one more gown ASAP for Diana. Have them put it in as a special request from me with a couple of minor changes. I want an uniform gown like mine for her same colors with the exceptions of final thread colors from Gold to real Silver, and her elemental symbol in the center of the crest please.”

“The Queen isn't going to like this very much not after having that special gown made for her.” Wilda Said.

“I understand, but she is my daughter and as such she will wear the uniform of the Deciders when we wear them if she is going to be a part of this team. When we go as part of a delegation of worship then we will dress up as the Queen wants us to.” That is my decision.

“I hope you know the bag of worms you are about to open. I will order it right away, and it will be here in a couple of days. This is on your neck girl not mine.” Wilda walked away toward the office. At least I got what I wanted for my daughter this is one of those battles I plan to fight.

I walked into the sitting room for a little piece and quiet for a change while Diana is out practicing her flashing. She is flashing from the back patio near the flower garden to out by the lake on the beach. I felt a breeze pick up behind me while I am relaxing after about an hour, and turn my head to see a dripping wet Diana. “What happened to you girl?”

“I misjudged the beach, and ended up in the middle of the lake, then when I tried to flash back out I flashed all the fish out of the water instead. I had to swim out then return all the fish back into the water before trying to dry off, for some reason it didn't work too well.” She shook her head and sprayed me with water.

“Hey! Stop that, your getting me all wet; go up stairs and take a shower and change into something dry, then get ready for lunch you have about fifteen minutes. Now hurry up.” I started shaking my head at her, she was really dripping water all over the place as she flashed up to the room to shower and change. I think she kind of overdid it with the practicing; the same thing happened to me once when I was little. Must be growing pains. I stood and lifted the water from the carpet she left behind in her wake and transported it to the first floor bathroom to deposit it into the sink. Then I went back to sit down and wait for Diana.

Once she was changed and was back down in the sitting room I rose up from my relaxing position, and took her hand and led her into the dining room to take our seats. “Are you feeling any better now that you are dry, honey?” I asked.

“Much,” She took her seat beside me. “I just don't understand why I couldn't shed all the water off of my clothes out by the lake after I returned all the fish back to it. Nothing would happen.” She shook her head in dismay.

“As I see it you overworked yourself just as I did when I was little and learning myself, I fell into the lake also. I was so tired from flashing all morning long that when I fell in I couldn't dry myself off till after I have recovered some of my strength; mostly from a good meal and a glass of blood.” I laughed, thinking back to the time it happened to me. “It is just one of those thing that happens to us all when we wear ourselves out learning something new in the beginning, honey. Don't sweat it, you will get better with practice, and it won't happen very often after that.” I gave her a quick hug and smile. Then, Lady Gaia flashed in early for a change. So not like our resident witch.

“Your early today.”

“I just came to check up on Diana to see if she was okay after her little swim in the lake. I helped her put all the fish back in after her little mishap, they weren't too happy being stranded out on the sand.” I bet not. Giggle.

“I am fine thank you Ms. Gaia.” She said to her.

“Um... Diana? We call our witches Lady not Ms. It is a polite way to refer to one such as her please, honey. Okay?” I informed her politely. We all had to learn this way back when as children.

“Oh! I am so sorry, Lady Gaia... I meant no disrespect.”

“None taken, sweat heart. I understand. You are new here and are still learning our ways. If it wasn't for your mother insisting we would all be calling you 'Your Holiness' instead of by your real name, 'Diana'. Your mother wants you to fit in here at the manor with all of us. Become one of the family like she did for me. She made me one of the sisters even though I am not really related to anyone of the family; she calls me her sister. It is just because we are all so close here as a family unit. I know, confusing, but I love it really. I always only had just one real sister, now, I have three when you include Icka, Valia, and my natural sister, Lady Samantha.” 'Wow, once you get Lady Gaia talking she gets long winded doesn't she. Giggle' I said to Diana through our mind link. 'Yes she is so funny to talk to mother. I really like her a lot.' 'Me to, I love all my sisters and brother, honey.'

“She likes you a lot, Lady Gaia,” Ops she is blushing. “Sorry, Diana I didn't mean to make you blush. You can tell her though we all do, we never hold back our feeling here in Ravenwood.”

“Mother? What is a Ravenwood?”

“Oh. My. Goddess. I forgot to explain that to you. This whole home we live in is called Ravenwood Manor, it has been around for well over six hundred and fifty years. Just last year they completely renovated the whole place, and made it much larger—added an extra floor—plus two more turret rooms like the one Lady Gaia stays in, to the front of it to make it look more, castle like.” I could tell she was completely enthralled with my explanation. “The third floor is our guest wing now, and the old ballroom where we held dances was turned into two rooms. One for the, King and Queen, when they visit, and the other for the conference room where we did your fittings at.”

“That is so interesting I never would have thought this place was that old. It not looks that old.” Diana said. I love the way my little girl speaks. 'Your just so precious, honey. I love you.'

“I love you to, mother.”

“Awww! How sweet she is!” Lady Gaia remarked.

“How sweet who is?” Wilda walked in with Stela right as Icka and Bavo came flashing into the room together. 'Close call guys.' I mind linked to them quickly.

“Diana, She just told her mother she loved her, how sweet is that?” Lady Gaia explained to Wilda what she was talking about.

“She is a real sweet heart. Takes after her mother for sure.”

“Wilda!”

“What? It's true what can I say I have this feeling she is going to be another Valia as she grows up. Nothing wrong with that.” Wilda complemented me. Not something I am used to hearing.

“Whatever you say, She is a really a very good girl that much I do know so far, and I do love her,” now it was Diana's turn to blush. Guess it is contagious. We finished up with lunch and went our separate ways for the rest of the day. I went out to the lake to help Diana with her flashing and to catch a few rays of the sun. It turned into a very relaxing day, all in all.