jin hadn't even realized hoseok slipped out of the kitchen, but when he went to bring namjoon's food out, there hoseok was—with namjoon and his friend.

"there he is," namjoon directed to yoongi, but kept his focus placed on jin. "i told you i bought you a coffee cake. now stop being so grumpy and appreciate me." namjoon jokingly pinched yoongi's arm, finally turning away from the flushed red jin.

it was childish, but the older boy's heart paused when he realized he had namjoon's attention even without being present. he felt as if he didn't even exist in the other's mind, but this small occurrence proved otherwise.

but as he cut a slice off the cake for yoongi, he began to chastise himself internally. of course he wasn't on namjoon's mind for the same reason he was on jin's. the only reason the male had mentioned him was to console his grandpa looking friend that he, indeed, got a cake for him.

as expected, a strawberry shortcake was in front of namjoon with bites already missing. it seemed he couldn't wait for yoongi to get his treat before beginning to eat.

"would either of you like any drinks to go along with that?" jin asked, sliding the plate towards yoongi. he desperately tried to hold namjoon's deep gaze as their eyes caught.

jin couldn't believe how someone could look so exquisite. he also didn't understand why someone who looked as cool as namjoon did could be seen cheerfully eating a strawberry shortcake.

"if that drink is you, then i'll take a grande." namjoon winked.

seokjin thought he heard wrong—

he didn't, and he almost fainted on the spot.

it was creeping on eleven when hoseok decided to play rap again.

this time, jin didn't bother to object. once he saw the smile that stretched across namjoon's face, he instantly found his favorite genre of music.

all seokjin could see were dimples. dimples and utter perfection. he was so taken with the presence of namjoon, he didn't realize he was openly staring.

namjoon, on the other hand, was very aware, but found it cute, so he let it slide. he'd steal glances at the employee every so often when looking up from his notebook full of doodles and lyrics.

hoseok had pulled up a stool on his side of the counter. he sat with his elbows placed on the hardwood top, eagerly conversing with the trio on music.

when jin wasn't busy assisting new coming customers, he'd stand beside hoseok and enjoy the vibe of the two other boys. granted, he didn't pay much attention to what was being said, but he made sure it looked like he did.

at one point, when there were only a few people who didn't need any help in the shop, seokjin decided to actually listen in on the topic.

"wait," he interjected with surprise, "you're rappers?"

"well that has been what we were discussing over the past twenty minutes." yoongi bluntly let out with a stoic expression. it wasn't that jin annoyed him, he actually thought jin was nice for as much as he knew him, but the question was pretty dumb. he took it that the older boy hadn't been paying attention at all.