Chapter 52 - Pressure

The Storm Traited immediately felt self conscious by the small crowd before her.

Illuminated by the low lit room embedded by Sunspell ruins, it was so blinding those present could likely see the ripples of anxiety off her cloak. A winding set of hidden stairs led up and below to tunnels unknown but were left clear for any others to move along without being delayed.

The dead end at the back of the room suddenly split in two, scattering soil effortlessly to reveal a much larger group of Tinker Moles rushing in before the walls closing back in behind them. Several chairs were set out around a wide longtable made of Ironwood but not a single member present had decided to sit down, all waiting for the rest of the Council to arrive.

"Curious? These very walls were made by my ancestor Leaffa's Charger Craft. They still work along with her many other contributions to the Labyrinth she built with her own two claws. Ingenious, isn't it?" Anirri said, a futile attempt to distract the jittery Traited.

The trio remained near the entrance, the Sand Wraith remaining glued to the Fatekeeper's side as Nivara hovered behind them, barely able to recognise their faces and weapons. Nivara was almost grateful for the Mist Maiden's extensive network of underground spies to help fill in the gaps of who was what. Anirii slowed her pace to match the Mist Maiden, gently coaxing her to where she needed to go.

"The Council of Names will not harm you Nivara, not while I'm here. So do as my ansector did, plant yourself firmly and prove them wrong. Perhaps you'll create a bigger legacy than she did, hmm?"

"I think the moving city of Axis would definitely disagree with you on that, Anirri." Nivara quipped, her voice a little less shaky than before.

It was her last outing as Tempest but her first as the Stormkeeper. There was no need to change who she was. With Odi's mask, her inherited cloak and her Tempest namesake not even the Mist Maiden's knew the scar on her face and the name she gave up to do so.

Creed was the first person since the day she took her vow. These people, this Council may have discovered it but they had no right to it. It hadn't been given freely and that was what irritated her the most. The Mist Maiden tried to find comfort in that vow, smiling evenly as she took her place on the opposite side of the room to Hack and brazenly sat down.

"It is good to see you again, Nivara. Despite the circumstances."

Her eyes caught the familiar stern gaze of the Ravenback's Captain of the Guard, softened slightly by guilt and a clear devotion to the other leaders attending. Calvaros no longer wore his battle uniform, his fur pitch black without the cyan and indigo warpaint but still retaining his proud raven leather armour and mask at his side. She observed him coolly, still perturbed by his meddling but gave him a simple nod in reply.

"Provided you did as I asked, it is. I hope the journey to the Undercity wasn't too taxing for you." She replied evenly, trying to hide her annoyed tone.

Folding her arms, her attention drifted towards the overprotective Sand Wraith trying to get past a mob of mole kits to no success. He growled at the nearest one only for Anirri to unceremoniously whack the grumpy Sand Wraith with her stick. She snorted, startling Calvaros before he continued the discussion.

"It wasn't, thanks to you. The Raven Lord should be here to greet you soon as our other members arrive."

The sulking Sand Wraith leaned against the front wall, his scales camouflaging with its rocky surface despite the forming bruise on his arm. It was rare to see the Dunefur, Ravenback and Gadgeteer clans all together but there would always be those who stuck out in a sea of Crafters.