Welcome to my hell hole Maaz Jaferi!

"Why there is blood on the floor?" he asked, eyeing the blood drops near the carpet,

"What? Where?" Alex exclaimed, looking around,

"There," he said, pointing towards the carpet,

"I got a cut while I was working out this morning, may be few drops dripped here when I was cleaning the wound" Alex said,

"Where is Adil?" Maaz asked,

"Areesha took him with her," Uncle answered, when Maaz's cell phone rings, he picked his call and stood up talking, he started to pace around while talking on his phone, I saw him coming closer to the window from which I was peeking through, he was just a couple of feet away from me, I look around for something to get his attention towards me, I saw a vase on the side table, I tried to push it down but It was far from my reach, I started poking Adil with my elbow who was holding my shirt tightly in his hands, he opened his eyes and looked at me, peeling off the tape from my mouth, "Are you okay Api? Does it hurt?" he asked, getting off my lap, "I am okay buddy, just go and drop that vase on the floor quickly," I said, Adil got up and hold the vase in his hands and looked at me, "Are you sure?" he asked, "yes hurry up before he gets away" I answered, Adil was about to drop the vase, when I spoke, remembering Alex's threatening words earlier, "Stop Adil, don't do it" I said sounding defeated, I can take whatever they gave it to me but I can't do this, they will hurt Adil again and today he has suffered enough, "Come on Buddy sit here," I said, motioned him to sit on the floor cushion next to me, he sat next to me and lay is head on my lap, I again looked through the window and saw Maaz still standing there talking on the phone, after a while, he cut the call and started walking away, I watched is retreating back with tears in eyes.

Why I am so weak? Right now I am feeling so helpless.

"When Areesha returns tell her to call me," he said and tucked his phone in his pocket and move to the main door.

"Please don't go! Please don't go" I muttered as I saw him shaking hands with Uncle and left with his men trailing behind him.

I leaned my head to the wall and let my tears fall, why life has to be so cruel sometime?

"Ya Allah please help me, guide me to the straight path, please Allah helps me" I silently prayed.

Alex barged into the room and looked at both of us and smirked, "Good girl Areesha, you behaved, I am impressed," he said mockingly and grab my tied hands from one of his hands and hold Adil from his other, "But your punishment is not over yet," he said and drag both of us to the basement, he unlocked the door and throw both of us down the stairs, I winced as pain seeps through my whole body and almost scream as Adil landed on my back, he quickly stood up and help me to sit,

"I am sorry Api, I lost my balance when he pushed," he said, holding my aching hand. "It's okay Adil," I assured him, "How is your hand?" I asked, looking at his small hand, "It still pains me, but the bleeding has stopped "he answered, "What they will do Api?" he questioned,

"I don't know buddy" I answered honestly as I have no idea what would be their second step, they can't kill me but they will hurt both of us more by other ways.

I wish mama has not changed the will, she just let it all go, she shouldn't have transferred all this property to us and most importantly, she shouldn't have mentioned that point which stated if any one of us die all the property will be transferred to the NGO, I don't know why but mama has also mentioned that I can't claim my property till I get married, I don't understand that, why did she do that? She thought I will ever be able to marry anyone after witnessing her and Uncle Javed's marriage, yeah, I adore my parents, but after my father's sudden death, there were so many obstacles for us to face and most importantly my grandfather who just barged into our lives and implanted his orders to us, but I think he must have threaten mama in some way, I remember she was a woman of strong will, but my father's death shattered her, it broke her, but she still did lot for both of us, I promise you, mama I will try to be strong as you were. "May Allah SWT give you and daddy highest place in Jannah," I prayed for my parents and I don't know how but sleep overcomes me.